CHC50113- Supporting children's successful participation

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
bubbler12
Contributor
Contributor

Re: CHC50113- Supporting children's successful participation

Post by bubbler12 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:31 pm

So would that mean like a dairy allergy?

Childcarer1

Post by Childcarer1 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:31 pm

And up there is suppose to read, I didnt see the first page, makes more sense now.....:$

Childcarer1

Post by Childcarer1 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:32 pm

I would class that as an additional need, it makes her different to others especially if you have yoghurt for morning tea, or a birthday cake with lots of cream

bubbler12
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bubbler12 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:35 pm

I have got this for the children at risk of hram is this on track?
The example that I am using is emotional abuse it is anything that seriously hurts a child mentally or emotionally. This could include being exposed to constant put downs and verbal attacks, responds rejection or violence in the home. At the early education and care service there is a girl in my room which her parents argue and disrespect each other at her centre environment and I am suspecting this is happening in her home environment as well. When the girl comes to the early education and care service she sits on the couch everyday feeling alone, not loved or trust in anyone and this has destroy the child self-esteem. The way I could support access and participate is by finding out what is happen, if it is happening in her home environment as well and the steps need to be taken to protect the child. Since I am seeing her parents argue and disrespect each other at the early childhood education and care and by contacting child protection advisor which will give me more detail on how to deal with the situation. The educators should try able build a trusting relationship with the child so that the child may feel loved overtime.

bubbler12
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bubbler12 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:37 pm

okay thanks so what would be a example for the dairy allergy one?

Childcarer1

Post by Childcarer1 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:43 pm

Well, dairy allergy is your example, of a child with additional needs, and what you plan to make her feel included (inclusive/inclusion)is the other part of your answer.

bubbler12
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bubbler12 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:44 pm

okay thanks

I have got this for the children at risk of harm is this on track?
The example that I am using is emotional abuse it is anything that seriously hurts a child mentally or emotionally. This could include being exposed to constant put downs and verbal attacks, responds rejection or violence in the home. At the early education and care service there is a girl in my room which her parents argue and disrespect each other at her centre environment and I am suspecting this is happening in her home environment as well. When the girl comes to the early education and care service she sits on the couch everyday feeling alone, not loved or trust in anyone and this has destroy the child self-esteem. The way I could support access and participate is by finding out what is happen, if it is happening in her home environment as well and the steps need to be taken to protect the child. Since I am seeing her parents argue and disrespect each other at the early childhood education and care and by contacting child protection advisor which will give me more detail on how to deal with the situation. The educators should try able build a trusting relationship with the child so that the child may feel loved overtime.

bubbler12
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bubbler12 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:46 pm

Because i was a bit confused about this one?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:12 am

For Family you could do a family who have just migrated to Australia from another country and speak no English...

For Health you could do a severe allergy, asthma etc.

:geek:,
Lorina