Strategies To Strengthen Partnerships With Families

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Missmegs

Strategies To Strengthen Partnerships With Families

Post by Missmegs » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:30 pm

Hello everyone

I'm abit stuck for ideas!

I have been asked to come up with some strategies/ activities that can strengthen collaborative partnerships with families and community

I'm new to the centre and the current practices are: parents are invited to attend working bees and for celebrations for end of year/ fathers and mothers day as well as the fire fighters from the local station to visit the centre every year.

What I have come up with are:
Monthly get togethers with families- lunch dates with members, reading books, ( culture)
Family help - reading books, art activities ect
Culture day- with family members and community members
Family wall- photos, comments, stories

Im so new a tthis any help would be great!
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Strategies To Strengthen Partnerships With Families

Post by Lorina » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:33 am

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

The ideas that you have are good!

You could also get each families email and email them the daily dairy or a learning story each month of their child, have a family of the month in the newsletter and do a write up about a particular family, send a "teddy" home for the weekend - the family takes photos with the teddy bear which the child can share and discuss when they come to care, create a family cookbook - get each family to supply a recipe and where it's from. You could also get the children to create the recipe, have a theme evening - xmas in July for example, for staff and parents only.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina