HELP finding a Regulation- photography of children

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
dulciean
Consultant
Consultant

HELP finding a Regulation- photography of children

Post by dulciean » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:42 pm

Hello all!
I have a quick question.
there is an issue at my workplace, where educators are blurring the lines of professional boundaries on several levels. This is due in part to our outdated policies and procedures that seriously need updating and reviewing.
What i am looking for is reference in any current legislation relating specifically to staff and students using their personal mobile phones to photograph children for their own personal /use pleasure/storage.
I am facilitating a meeting with one of these staff members tomorrow and would love to read up on what the law has to say.
no doubt I will spend hours tonight trying to sift through the reams of information.
can anybody help?
fefe?
cathiek?
L.A?

Lorina

Re: HELP finding a Regulation- photography of children

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:23 pm

I had a look through the National Regulations and Law however I cant find anything specific regarding your issue. I think this issue falls under your centres privacy and confidentiality policy....

I will keep looking as well...

:geek:,
L.A

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:16 pm

I found this information in a centres policy and procedures manual...
Permission form for photographs

Background information

Photographs and videos are now classified as ‘personal information’ under the Information Privacy Act 2000.

The purpose of this permission form is to:

comply with the privacy legislation in relation to all photographs/videos taken at the service, whether by the Approved Provider, Nominated Supervisor, Certified Supervisor, educators, staff, parents/guardians, volunteers or students on placement
enable photographs/videos of children to be taken as part of the program delivered by the service, whether group photos, videos or photos at special events and excursions etc.
notify parents/guardians as to who will be permitted to take photographs/videos, where these will be taken and how they will be used.

L.A

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:45 am

Did you find what you were looking for?

I found some more information based on the Privacy Act on the Australian Government --> Office Of The Australian Information Commissioner

http://www.oaic.gov.au

L.A