Fairy Wands

Kids Activities, Art and Crafts, Cooking Ideas, Kids Songs and Games related discussions.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Lorina

Fairy Wands

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:43 am

Hi All,

A couple of weeks ago we had Superhero/Fairy/Princess dress up day. Most of the girls in my toddler room came dressed as fairies and the boys came as their favorite superhero... Anyways as a spare of the moment craft idea I thought we could make fairy wands. I cut the top off an egg carton and cut out strips to be the wand part. I mixed brightly colored paint with sparkly glitter and the children used this to paint their wands. One of the girls wanted a butterfly for the top part, so I thought of drawing a butterfly, cutting it out and getting them to paint it (but last minute changed my mind cuz I can't draw that well). So I got the children to do "Butterfly Painting", using half an A4 piece of paper cut in half twice (this should make small squares)... Butterfly Painting is when you get the child to blob different coloured paints on one side of a piece of paper, fold it in half then rub it. When you open up the paper it reveals a butterfly. Anyways, when it was all dried i got one of my team mates to cut the butterfly paintings out into a butterfly shape and staple it onto the wand. When my toddler saw their fairy wands they were all very excited!! We spent the next half an hour dancing around the room with our fairy wands and even all the boys enjoyed it!!

Just wanted to share a craft experience that worked well and my toddlers really enjoyed!!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A