Work Placement Consent Form For Observations

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Buttercup131313

Work Placement Consent Form For Observations

Post by Buttercup131313 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:39 pm

Hi! I've started my placement at child care, but I'm supposed to bring my own consent letter for the parents to sign, my only problem is I don't know how to write one or where to find one because I haven't really seen one... I really need it so I could start doing my observations, can anyone please help me?

ta

xButtercup
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

harveyke

Re: Consent Form

Post by harveyke » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:19 pm

Hi there the service you are studying through should provide you with the from if they haven't then all you need to do is write one up with your name organisation and what you are studying and ask if you can have permission to observe their children then if your aloud to state there name or just the first letter and then last name and leave a space for the parents to sign, then leave it near the sign in books. Hope this helps :)

Buttercup131313

Post by Buttercup131313 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:51 pm

thank you, harveyke! Thankfully, my lecturer was able to send me a copy of the forms that I need, and the format is the way that you described ^_^

harveyke

Post by harveyke » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:19 pm

no worries :)

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:53 pm

I have made my own consent form I just state who i am what I am doing and why i require consent and that if parents need more details they can contact whoever your tutor is at whoever you are studying with (jane doe at AussieTAFE) and provide an email and phone number for that person.

In saying that most places will have consent forms with a proper letter head that can be provided to you that u can edit slightly to suit your needs

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:12 pm

You could write something like:

Hi my name is ........... I am currently studying my Diploma of Children's Services at ..........

From the .......... (date) until the ........... (date) I will be completing work placement here.

I am requesting your permission to observe your child .................. (name) during my work placement.

During this time I will be assisting staff with their duties as well as observing your child to assist me in my studies and further develop my knowledge in child development and learning. When observing your child I will keep all information confidential and share any information I gather with you. Observing children is an important part of an educators duty and this will enable me to gain a better understanding on what and how to observe.

If you have any further questions regarding this please feel free to contact my tutor.

........ (Name)
--------- (Phone Number)

Thank you,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or something along those lines. The above is just an example of something you can write.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Work Placement Consent Form For Observations

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:15 am

This is a consent form I made for one of my Uni units
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.