Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate care for children (CHCRF511A)

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Reshmi8

Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate care for children (CHCRF511A)

Post by Reshmi8 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:55 pm

I am stuck, please help me!!!!

You are a qualififed caregiver in a long day care center. You recently had an interview with Hiromi and stan to enenrol their daughter Alice (3 years) in the service. Hirommi and Stan have been in Australia from Japan for the last 2 years and have no family here. Alice was born in japan. Stan works in the IT industry and Hiromi is studying English. The family only speaks Japanese at home. Due to her study. Hiromi will be the person to pick up and drop off Alice. Alice has just arrived for her first day at the services and is in your room. This is Alice'S first time in care and she can only speaks Japanses.

1) When and how would you gather information about the childs needs, interests preference and routines and identify key family events as weel as caregiving practices and expectation of the services? Provide examples of question you would have asked and the approach you took.

2) What steps did you take to maintain confidentially? Why is confidentially important? How did you reassure the parent about the confidential nature of the services?

3) What did you do to establish a positive relationship with the family?

4)In what ways did you encourage the family tp participate in the children's services program?

5)Explain why caregivers should be involed in promoting parents support networks and the value of parenting. How could/would you do so with this family?

6) What did yo do to make Alice and her family feel welcome in your service? What have you organised for Alice's first day to help her feel welcome and settled?

7) What processes orprocedures did you put in place so that information about the childs interests was regularly exchanged?

8) Identify the communication strategies you could use regularly with families in your setting. Which strategies would be appropriate to this particular family? Why do you think so?

Lorina

Re: Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate care for children (CHCRF511A)

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Hi Resh,

Please provide a response to the questions you asked to receive support for your assignment.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Reshmi8

Re: Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate care for children (CHCRF511A)

Post by Reshmi8 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:01 pm

HI L.A,

I really tried my best to answer all the question but am not sure its right or wrong...please correct my answer....thank you

1) - Interview question.
- direct observation
- communication and interact with child
- use photographs to gather information about children
- share information about children with family members and other interested parties
- use observation to plan for child services.

2) Children files are kept in the office staff should be mindful of not discussing things they read about in the file with other staff or other parents etc

3) - Respect each other
- show their pleasure and enjoyment
caring words and action

4) get families involved in getting to know your activities

5) - develop strategies that go beyond transition to ensure continuity in early childhood services.
- support the parents by making sure that children arrive at school healthy, well rested, well disciplined, and on time.

6) Firstly - have a seat, will provide tea, coffee and juice.and then i asked Alice what she would like to do.After that i can talk to parents what her like and dislike, allergies etc.

7) - pay attention to the activities your child likes, the books he or she choose to read, the television shows she visits and the way your child spends his or her free time.

- encourage your child to start a collection and decide what will be that collection.

8) - asking what information the family would like. Families usually like to know what is happening.
- involving the families at the level of involvement they may wish to have.

FAMILY SUPPORT STRATEGIES
- address family need and concerns.
- tension that may surface at this time eg relationship

Kind Regards
Resh

hemambika

Post by hemambika » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi Reshmi,

I would strongly recommend that you read the learning guide before answering these questions. :) It has almost all the answers for your questions. If you have any trouble with that, your tafesa facilitator might be able to help. Because, what you have posted is the entire assessment.... If it is going to be of any help, pl go through the following pages in the guide: 10, 22-40, 41-44, 50,56, 68-76.

Regards,
Hema

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:37 pm

THank you Hemambika for offering Reshmi the guidance you have :D

RachelleB

Post by RachelleB » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:23 pm

Hi Hema, Just wondering what book you are referring to with the topic guide you are listing...

thanks.

vmam35

Post by vmam35 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:55 pm

I am also stuck on question 5 and can't find a source explaining the question. does anyone have a link for the learning guide?

vmam35

Post by vmam35 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:00 pm

Caregivers should promote parent support networks, as they are very informative on a range of issues such as, child development, building positive relationships with children, conflict resolution, blended families and much more.

Explaining the value of support networks and what they have to offer to the family, letting them know that they can provide many resources to parents such as books, dvd’s, parent information and parent groups.

Introduce the subject and follow up with a brochure or contact numbers for the family to look over.