Vygotsky Essay On Scaffolding & ZPD With Children

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
zoee
Participator
Participator

Vygotsky Essay On Scaffolding & ZPD With Children

Post by zoee » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:08 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Theories- Vygotsky essay
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
I had to write an essay on Vygotsky about ZPD and scaffolding.. ive written about ZPD and about scaffolding and nearly finished writing the essay but Ive got to put in the essay how ZPD and scaffolding influences how I work with children. ive written something so far just want to know if im on the right track or if theres anything else you know I could put that child care workers do that fits in with ZPD and scaffolding. Thanks heaps :)

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
As a childcare professional I have learnt that Vygotsky’s findings are true in so many ways, Just from watching the children in the classroom I see that that the Zone of Proximal Development and Scaffolding play a huge part in the development of a child.

Vygotsky`s Theory greatly influences how I work with children in childcare for example I observe and learn where each child is at and provide them with a range of activities and tasks that fall within their zone of proximal development, when children cannot achieve something I give some direction to help them but not exactly do it for them for example, when children have problems doing an activity such as a puzzle instead of me doing it for them or telling them exactly how to do it I provide prompts,hints,cues, ask questions or model (pointing to a few puzzle pieces and saying it could be one of these three pieces) to help them understand and let them achieve it on their own, before doing any new activities or tasks I clearly model or explain to the children of the expectations of the task so they know what to do, I try and minimise frustration so the children have a chance of understanding or of achieving their goals.

Description and Message:
Thankyou :)
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Vygotsky Essay On Scaffolding & ZPD With Children

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:12 am

Yes, you're on the right track with your response. I have some more information you can read up on that you may want to include in your response as well:

Classroom Applications of Vygotsky's Theory
ZPD Examples
ZPD & Scaffolding In The Classroom

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

zoee
Participator
Participator

Re: Vygotsky Essay On Scaffolding & ZPD With Children

Post by zoee » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:40 pm

Great! really appreciate your help :) thanks