Technology Ideas For Resource Folder

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Alicia*

Technology Ideas For Resource Folder

Post by Alicia* » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm currently studying my Diploma in early childhood education. For one of my assignments I have to create a resource folder. I have to find 3 Technology activities for each age group.
0-2
2-3
3-5
I have been trying to find activities, that don't necessarily include computers, i pads or laptops, as not every center has access to these things.
I was thinking of maybe old keyboards, telephones and cameras that are no longer working as activities.

Any input would help me so much.

Thanks,
Alicia

JNP
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Technology activity ideas for resource folder

Post by JNP » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi Alicia,
one idea I have is setting up a table with an old video recorder (or any other old piece of technology) screwdrivers, small containers to put the screws in and a science book. Encourage the children to take the video recorder apart so they can see what is inside and how it works.
I have set this experience up for 4 to 5 year olds and they love it.
This activity relates to technology because the children are learning how things work and how they are made.
Taking things apart enables the children to investigate, explore and discover in an open ended way.
I hope this helps, if I can think of anything else I will post it up for you.

Good luck with this assignment
Jules.

JNP
Contributor
Contributor

Post by JNP » Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:53 pm

have you looked at this book..Tracy Young & Sue Elliott, 2004, Just Investigate, Science and Technology Experiences for Young Children, Tertiary Press . It has some good ideas.

Alicia*

Post by Alicia* » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:13 pm

Thanks Jules,

Thats such a great idea!
I have nearly finished now.
I am now up to music and movement. I have to again under each age group find 3 songs that go under all different headings, I have 63 songs all up, now I have to explain how each song enhances the childs development, the beat of the song, concept, and dynamic.
I feel very stuck now as I seem to be just repeating my self on how it enhances development.