Taking Action With No Paper Towels and Dirty Bathroom

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Nonu

Taking Action With No Paper Towels and Dirty Bathroom

Post by Nonu » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:05 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: team work
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
1.u go to the bathroom and use the last paper towel,when u open the cupboard below it is empty.additional supplies are kept in the large storeroom at the other end of the building.u r expected to return to the room imediatily.what action would u take. 2u r on early shift and while u r checking the soup pumps in the children,s bathroom u realize that bathroom has not been cleaned u r supposed to go outside a help the other staff member set up the play equipment,what action would u take?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
i think for first ques. first i will come back in the room.and than inform to the team member or maintenance staff. 2 firstly i inform my team member,if she can manage alone to setup the play equipments than i clean the bathroom. i am not sure about my answer plz some one help me.

Description and Message:
:sweating:

Lorina

Re: diploma in children services

Post by Lorina » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:30 pm

For question 1 - since there is no toilet paper you need to go get a packet, fill the toilet roll in the bathroom and then put the remainder from the pack underneath. Doing this should only take an extra couple of minutes. Then you can go back to the room. When you have a couple of minutes you can refill the rest of the toilet paper underneath in the bathroom.

For question 2 - let the staff member know about the soap pumps and that you will fill them before the children arrive then when you finish help with setting up the equipment.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

Nonu

Post by Nonu » Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:14 am

Thanks l A

nefrida89

Post by nefrida89 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:58 pm

Hi, Lorina

I answered similar way as what you said but still can't deem satisfactory from the assessor, I'm getting confused what should I do. Reality is even more simpler than theory. Can you help me, Lorina?

here's what my assessor said:
As you have used the last paper towel, you are expected to rectify this- how could you ensure you are meeting ratio and also addressing the problem- please note: the supervisor or other educators have their own responsibilities in the centre. You must return to the room immediately – you cannot assume it will just take a couple of minutes- a lot can happen in those few minutes.
Do you need to inform anyone in the centre? Who? And how?

thanks,

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:35 pm

You would need to inform the staff in the room before you go and get the paper towel to fill up. Once you have informed the staff then you can go and get it... If you're needed for ratio purposes maybe you can inform the director so they can step in so you can go and get the paper towel filled. Yes, other eucators have responsibilities but we also need to help each other out...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina