Survey about Transitions between Routines in LongDaycare

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
gaya

Survey about Transitions between Routines in LongDaycare

Post by gaya » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:33 pm

I want help from other Educators who are currently working in the industry to complete this surgery.

I am studying Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care at the Northern Sydney Institute, TAFE, Meadowbank, NSW. As one of our research subject, I have prepared this questionnaire as part of our curriculum to assess the effectiveness of transitions between routines in a long day care. These questions have been approve by my teacher. The information will be used to enrich my knowledge from your valuable experience. All information will be strictly confidential and only used for assessment purposes. You're details could be maintained anonymous if you wish.

1. What are the learning opportunities provided during transition times at your Centre?

2. How do you assess and reflect the effectiveness of your current transition methods?

3. Rate on a scale of 1-5 the importance of predictable and supportive transitions?

4. Specify examples of any challenges you’ve had while transitioning children from one setting to another?

5. List a few strategies used to gain children’s cooperation during transitions.

6. Describe your role in preparing a new child for a planned transition.

7. Do you follow a policy for transition and continuity, which is shared with Educators involved with the child?

8. In your experience, how does the transition process cater to special needs children development?

9. Are children involved in decision-making regarding responsibilities and methods of transition?

10. How do you encourage and motivate children to follow instructions?

Last bumped by gaya on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:33 pm.