Slideshow On Ideas & Resources To Foster Child's Overall Development

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
bhavya.b.s
Participator
Participator

Slideshow On Ideas & Resources To Foster Child's Overall Development

Post by bhavya.b.s » Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:04 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: 2.Assessment 2 – Slideshow - Development
Foster physical, social, emotional and psychological and
cognitive development in early childhood
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
You are required to create a slideshow that will display ideas and
resources appropriate to offer babies, toddlers and 3–5 years for the
following topics, to foster:
• Physical Learning (eg. sensory, coordination, gross motor)
• Social Learning (e.g. interactive large and small
group ideas)
• Emotional/psychological (e.g. routine ideas to support
Attachment, family and cultural practices and routines
reflected in resources offered)
• Exploring Science
• Exploring Technology
• Exploring Mathematical concepts
• Exploring Environments

Your slideshow should contain:
• Two (2) reference books for each topic that could be used by children 3 - 5 yrs.
Briefly describe each book and how it could be used with the children.
• Two (2) picture books for each topic (one must be suitable for babies).
Briefly describe each book.
• Two (2) website for each topic to access practical ideas/experiences (one must be
suitable for toddlers) for young children – hyperlink into the slideshow.
Briefly describe the sites content.
• Two (2) simple experience ideas for each topic you could carry out with 3 – 5 yrs
and/or older toddlers.

At the end of each slide/topic, identify a list of skills and knowledge that is evident with
babies, toddlers and 3 – 5 years, through;
• Physical Learning (eg. sensory, coordination, gross motor)
• Social Learning (e.g. interactive large and small
group ideas)
• Emotional/psychological (e.g. routine ideas to support
Attachment, family and cultural practices and routines
reflected in resources offered)
• Exploring Science
• Exploring Technology
• Exploring Mathematical concepts
• Exploring Environments

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Anybody can help me please........

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

lumamelzem

Re: Slideshow On Ideas & Resources To Foster Child's Overall Development

Post by lumamelzem » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:11 pm

go to storytimeforme.com/topics/the-very-hungry-caterpillar/.

bhavya.b.s
Participator
Participator

Post by bhavya.b.s » Thu May 02, 2013 9:47 am

thanks......

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Post by cathiek » Sun May 05, 2013 2:33 pm

Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do you see is a great book for children, repetitive language so easy to follow and covers the concept of colours. Also leads on to many different types of activities (finger painting, group collage work etc. These could be tailored to meet many different age levels.
In relation to science there are tons of great ideas you could do. Read a book about dinosaurs and make a play dinosaur small world are with a volcano (cup with bicarb & food coloring and then pour in some vinegar) Is always a hit with the kids. Google the glitter handwashing experiment - this is a great one to go with discussions about germs and personal hygiene (links to routines in your room)
The Kissing hand is a great book to read kids in relation to attachment and separation anxiety. I still have some children kiss their Mum's hand and fold it over to 'keep' the kiss inside when the come into Kindy - it is so cute. Again there are lots of dramatic play/craft/technology ideas.
Does this help? If you need more let me know but hopefully this will give you a starting point - use pinterest - it is a great visual site (but be prepared to be on there for ages....)
Ciao
Cathiek

Bells13

Post by Bells13 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:22 pm

I am currently doing this same assignment and really struggling with it!!

Shantel82

Post by Shantel82 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:16 pm

Hi. I am currently doing this assessment and one of the things I am struggling with is the reference books.
Can anybody help me out with what exactly they are asking? Picture books are easy to come by, I just don't understand a book that doesn't have to have a storyline for 3-5 year olds as a reference.
Sorry if that makes no sense lol. Thank you.

Lorina

Re: Assessment 2 – Slideshow - Development Foster physical, social, emotional and psychological and cognitive development in early childhood

Post by Lorina » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:47 am

Shantel82 wrote:Hi. I am currently doing this assessment and one of the things I am struggling with is the reference books.
Can anybody help me out with what exactly they are asking? Picture books are easy to come by, I just don't understand a book that doesn't have to have a storyline for 3-5 year olds as a reference.
Sorry if that makes no sense lol. Thank you.

Reference usually refers to adding the title of the book, the author, publisher and the year published. If you are using different books within your assignment you need to reference to give credit to other people for their work that's not your own and to provide details on where you got the information from.

Is this what you are referring too? I'm not too sure if this is what you are asking about...

:geek:,
L.A

Shantel82

Post by Shantel82 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:39 pm

Hi thanks for the reply.
I have to supply 2 reference books for each of the 7 topics but I wasn't sure what they meant by a reference book i.e a book with pictures and information but no storyline pertaining to each topic.
For one topic I went with a National Geographic book as I thought that is what they were talking about?
Just finding it hard for social learning and emotional/psychological.

jessika93

Post by jessika93 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:00 pm

This assignment is doing my head in too!! I didn't realise until tonight I needed 4 books all up not 2 :( I don't understand the difference between the reference books and picture books so if anyone is able to clarify that would be great!

Shantel82

Post by Shantel82 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi there. I passed it so I must have done something right with the reference books lol. It was harder than I first thought.
A reference book can be used by educators for ideas etc. These have lots of pictures and no storyline. Here is an example of 2 reference books I used for Science Change It!: Solids, Liquids, Gases and You by Adrienne Mason and National Geographic Readers: Weather by Kristin Baird Rattini.
The picture books I used were Slimey to the Moon by Richard Walz and From Seed to Pumpkin by Wendy Pfeffer.
It took me quite some time to find everything. Hope that helps!

allira_s

Re: Assessment 2 – Slideshow - Development Foster physical, social, emotional and psychological and cognitive development in early childhood

Post by allira_s » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:35 pm

Hi, just wondering if you could show any examples of the social learning reference/pictures books.

im just not understanding what they are looking for under this topic.
any help would be great!

Thanksss