Scenarios On Ethical Dilemmas

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jasmeet

Scenarios On Ethical Dilemmas

Post by jasmeet » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:31 pm

just need a help here. I did try to answer please check my answers of scenario 1 and guide me in the scenario 2..

Scenario : You are annoyed at a staff member’s open hostility and harshness towards the children when you and she are working alone. The staff member favours her grandchild who is in the room also. When a supervisor comes into your area, the staff member puts on a sweet voiced,
child-focused approach.
(1) Why this is an ethical dilemma. What principal of ethical behavior must be upheld?
This is an ethical dilemma because in this situation there is a conflict with moral responsibilities.
Principles of ethical behavior that must be upheld:
Integrity, Objectivity, Professional competence and due care, Confidentiality and Professional behavior

(2) Why there is a breach of professional boundaries?
There is a breach of professional boundaries because of educator’s open hostility, harshness towards the other children and favouring her grandchild.
Professional boundary violations represent a breach of trust, a failure to meet a duty of care to children, and a failure to follow conduct requirements of the employer.

(3) Who should you inform?
Supervisor

(4) Which statement from code of ethics relates to this situation?
In relation to children, I will:
Work to ensure children are not discriminated against on the basis of gender, age, ability, economic status, family structure, lifestyle, ethnicity, religion, language, culture, or national origin.
In relation to colleagues, I will:
Encourage my colleagues to adopt and act in accordance with this Code, and take action in the presence of unethical behaviors.

(5) What action you may take? How would you resolve this situation?
I will share the dilemma with my supervisor. I will encourage my colleagues to adopt and act in accordance with Code of ethics.
To resolve this situation, I will: Review all the facts, consider the consequences, consider the actions and Make decision

I am stuck with few questions in this scenario :

You are told by a child that another educator has touched him in a private place and he don't like it.
(1) Why this is an ethical dilemma?What considerations must be taken into account?
(2) What tips would you use to solve this?
(3) Action you may deal with this situation?

alig69

Re: Ethical dilemma

Post by alig69 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:41 pm

Hi
With response to :You are told by a child that another educator has touched him in a private place and he don't like it.
(1) Why this is an ethical dilemma?What considerations must be taken into account?
(2) What tips would you use to solve this?
(3) Action you may deal with this situation?

We always believe the child. We are advocates for children! What are your services policy/procedures and who do you report to in the organization.

Hope that Helps x
alig69

Tiarn

Re: Scenarios On Ethical Dilemmas

Post by Tiarn » Sat May 19, 2018 3:11 pm

Hey guys im completely stuck on a question and i was woundering if i could get some help

Scenario
Alison is a qualified educator at your service and also someone you would consider a friend. You observe that she regularly:
• shouts at children
• talks about the children, within their hearing to other educators
• gossips about the children and their parents in the staff room