Scenario: Lilu - Task 1 - Observations

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
YALDA.AMENI

Scenario: Lilu - Task 1 - Observations

Post by YALDA.AMENI » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:39 pm

hello guys I'm stuck in this assignment and not sure what to do this is the first part that I did so can someone help me please and give me some idea that is this write or wrong
here is the assignment
Task 1: Observations
Watch the following video sequences of ‘Lilu’ (3 year old child).
Video clips can be accessed from the OLS under the Assessment Information tab; Resources Required tab; click on Notebook icon and this opens up a new screen.

Complete 4 observations (as detailed below) based on the clips provided:
Observation 1 – Anecdotal Observation – Sequence 1: Lilu and puzzle
Observation 2 – Learning story- Sequence 2: Drawing puppets at home
Observation 3 – Jotting – Use Sequence 3 – Lilu and Dad walking into service and
Use Sequence 4 – Lilu saying goodbye to Dad

Observation 4 – Jottings - Use Sequence 5 – Lilu at the park – Part 1 and
Use Sequence 6 – Lilu at the park – Part 2

The following observation templates

Your four (4) completed observations must cover the developmental domains;
Physical; Social; Emotional; Cognitive; Communication

Each observation must include:
• interpretations
• links to the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) Learning Outcomes and sub elements
• future planning ideas for each observation

Your observations must cover the following five (5) developmental domains:
• Physical
• Social
• Emotional
• Cognitive
• Communication

The following observation preforms have been developed to use for this task

and this is my firs work
ANECDOTAL OBSERVATION
Child’s name:
Lilu Date:
Setting:
Building the blocks and practicing numbers
Observer:
Observation:
1 Building blocks helps her mathematics

2 building blocks helps her creativity
3 building blocks helps her imagination

4 Building blocks helps her problem solving skills

Interpretation, including developmental skills, concepts and dispositions/links to t theory
1 Lilu can count correctly with her blocks which it help her with her mathematics is important concepts and skills are practiced and strengthened through blocks play , including length ,measurement , comparison ,numbers estimation, symmetry, balance.
2 block and other loose pats can be moved freely by children, to be combined and recombined She add all blocks together as she wanted but at the end than she realized that she lost the number of 2 block and she was trying to finds out but I thing she began too tired to find the blocks and she said it has been lost.
3 children can follow their own plan, or they can share a friend’s vison and work together to create something they never dreamed of .Also it looks her interests that she can add the block together as she said she’s going to make a tower witch this helps her brain development and her communication skill too
4 sometimes it is intentional: “I want to build an X .How do I do that? “Other times it is in the –moment:” to go higher and add to one side, What can I use? As she said that improve her problem solving skills .

Relevant Approved Learning Framework Links:
1 Building Blocks can Help Children Score Better in Math : Health ...
2 Playing with Building Blocks of Creativity Help Children with Autism ...
3 Inspiring ways to build your child's imagination - School A to Z
4 Lessons to teach while playing with blocks - She Knows
I'm not sure abut this can some one help me

Lorina

Re: Scenario: Lilu - Task 1 - Observations

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:10 am

When writing an observation you need to rite exactly what the child is doing or saying...

Here is some information on writing observations which may help you to understand:

Observations In Childcare
Different Types Of Observation Methods

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:12 am

With "Relevant Approved Framework Links" you need to link it to the EYLF:

How Children Can Achieve Outcomes

Lorina

YALDA.AMENI

Post by YALDA.AMENI » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:42 pm

Thank you

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:28 pm

You're welcome!

Lorina

YALDA.AMENI

Post by YALDA.AMENI » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:03 pm

Hello can some one help me in this assignment I really don't have any idea what to write do I have to write about my observation or I have search from web
Task 2: Developmental summary
Using the observations on ‘Lilu’ for Task 1 complete a Learning and Development Summary.

The Learning and Development summary must describe the progress that the child is making towards each EYLF Outcome (or approved Learning Framework) and cover all developmental domains

EYLF Outcomes are:
• Children have a strong sense of identity (Emotional development)
• Children are connected with and contribute to their world (Social development)
• Children have a strong sense of wellbeing (Physical – gross and fine motor and Emotional development)
• Children are confident and involved learners (Cognitive development)
• Children are effective communicators (Communication development)

The Learning and Developmental Summary must identify the child’s:
• Interests
• Strengths
• Emerging skills
• Future planning

The following Developmental Summary proforma has been developed to use for this task.

Learning and Development Summary

Child’s Name: Date:
EYLF Learning Outcomes Strengths, Interests and Emerging Skills, Relationships
Children have a strong sense of identity
Include Emotional development – self regulation, independence and autonomy, confidence, empathy
• Acknowledge and respond sensitively to children’s cues and signals.
• Respond sensitively to children’s attempts to initiate interactions and conversations.
• Support children’s secure attachment through consistent and warm nurturing relationships.
• Support children in times of change and bridge the gap between the familiar and the unfamiliar.
• Build upon culturally valued child rearing practices and approaches to learning.
• Are emotionally available and support children’s expression of their thoughts and feelings.
• Recognize that feelings of distress, fear or discomfort may take some time to resolve.
• Acknowledge each child’s uniqueness in positive ways.
• Spend time interacting and conversing with each child.
Children are connected with and contribute to their world Include Social development- participation in groups, sharing, turn taking; respect for the environment, diversity and social justice
Children have a strong sense of
wellbeing Include Physical development (fine /gross), self-care skills; Emotional development: recognising and expressing emotions appropriately

Children are confident and involved learners Include Cognitive and Creative development: dispositions for learning, play and learning styles, sharing knowledge with others, persistence and concentration, initiating experiences and exploring their ideas.
Children are effective communicators Include Communication development; verbal and non-verbal, receptive and expressive language; language background and use of languages other than English, literacy

Possible future planning:

END OF TASK 2 - PLEASE CONTINUE TO TASK 3.
if you can help me Lorina please