Responding To Disclosure Of Abuse

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
seep
Contributor
Contributor

Responding To Disclosure Of Abuse

Post by seep » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:25 pm

Q1--Give 3 examples of non leading responses you may give to a child who has disclosed sexual abuse to you?

My Ans--Give the child or young person your full attention.
Maintain a calm appearance.
Don't be afraid of saying the "wrong" thing.
Reassure the child or young person it is right to tell.
Accept the child or young person will disclose only what is comfortable and recognise the bravery/strength of the child for talking about something that is difficult.
Let the child or young person take his or her time.
Let the child or young person use his or her own words.
Don't make promises you can't keep.
Tell the child or young person what you plan to do next.
Do not confront the perpetrator.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q2--what are some things you must not do when a child discloses abuse to you?

My Ans---‘You should have told someone before’
‘I can’t believe it! I’m shocked!’
‘Oh that explains a lot’
‘No not...he’s a friend of mine’
‘I won’t tell anyone else’
‘Why? How? When? Where? Who?’
Doubt the child’s disclosure
Make promises you cannot keep
Confront the offender
Wash or fix the survivor if they have been abused (as long as their safety is not jeopardized). The survivor’s condition is evidence for prosecution.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q3--what are the National and state legislations regarding child protection?

My Ans--Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act 1998 (NSW)

Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Amendment (Parental Responsibility Contracts) Act 2006 (NSW)

Child Protection (Offenders Registration) Act 2000 (NSW)

Crimes Act 1900 (NSW)

Commission for Children and Young People Act 1998 (NSW)

The Ombudsman Act 1974 (NSW)

Family Law Act 1975 (Cth)

Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Amendment Bill 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q4--what information should you have preparedbefore contacting FACS/community services in relation to making a notification of suspected abuse or neglect?

am just stuck with this one?any suggestions would be higlu appreciated
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q5--list some policies or procedures a service may have implemented regarding child protection?

My ans---Obtaining a working with children's check
Obtaining a police check
mandatory reporting guidelines
confidentiality policy
record keeping policy
communication policy
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q6--list examples of an appropriateperson/external agency that an educator would approach to avoid unethical dilemmas from occurring within the work place.

1-appropriate communication that is clear and cannot be misinterpreted
2-using age appropriate language and checking for understanding
3-awareness of appropriate forms of physical contact, children need cuddles but touching should be confined to certain areas
4-being respectful of children's need for privecy e.g toileting
Q7--what is the ethical practice?list 3 examples boundries that educators should be made aware of?

My ans--the ethical practice is A set of principles of right conduct.
Professionally boundaries should include:
1-appropriate communication that is clear and can not be misinterpreted
2-using age appropriate language and checking for understanding
3-awareness of appropriate forms of physical contat,children need cuddles but touching should be confined to certain areas
4-being respectful of children's need for privcy e.g toileting
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

your suggestions and comments plz.....what chnges I need to make?

Lorina

Re: Responding To Disclosure Of Abuse

Post by Lorina » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:26 pm

The following will help:

[attachment=0]child abuse handbook.pdf[/attachment]

Q1 - Mentions 3 examples, you have more than 3...read through the attachment above to help.

Q4 - Mandatory Reporting

The rest of your responses are good! :thumbup:

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:36 am

I noticed you posted this question 4 times in the forum. You just need to post it once and I'll be able to provide support as soon as I can...

Thanks,
Lorina

seep
Contributor
Contributor

Post by seep » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:31 pm

v sorry about that but it happened because of some internet issues.will be careful next time.cheers

seep
Contributor
Contributor

Post by seep » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:33 pm

and thank you so much for all the help you are giving to me in my assignment completion.be Blessed always. :)