Regulatory Requirements For Documentation

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Nedu
Participator
Participator

Regulatory Requirements For Documentation

Post by Nedu » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:44 pm

Hi Lola,

just wondering if any one will support me with this questions

What are the regulatory requirements for early childhood services in regards to documentation

Ans -

1 .Keep in a safe and secure place.
2. Store for relevant period set out in subregulation (2)

Second question

In preparing the documentation, what must the approvad provider of an early childhood service consider

Ans

If the record relateto incident, illness injury or trauma suffered by a child while being educated and cared for service, untill the child aged 25 yrs.

Please check to know if i'm in the right track. not quit sure of the anwers

Thanks

nedu

Lorina

Re: Regulatory Requirements For Documentation

Post by Lorina » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:27 pm

National Regulations (see page 186 - Prescribed Records).

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

sasha r

Post by sasha r » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:13 pm

Dear Lorina, could you please help
the question for my assignment is: What are the regulatory requirements for early childhood services in regards to documentation?
My answer was the following:
For the purposes of section 175(1) of the Law, the following documents are prescribed in relation to each education and care service operated by the approved provider:
 the documentation of child assessments or evaluations for delivery of the educational program as set out in regulation 74;
 an incident, injury, trauma and illness record as set out in regulation 87;
 a medication record as set out in regulation 92;
 a record of assessments of family day care residences and approved family day care venues conducted under regulation 116;
 in the case of a centre-based service, a staff record as set out in regulation 145;
 a record of volunteers and students as set out in regulation 149;
 2011 No 653 Part 4.7—Leadership and service management Education and Care Services National Regulations 187
 the records of the responsible person at the service as set out in regulation 150;
 in the case of a centre-based service, a record of educators working directly with children as set out in regulation 151;
 a record of access to early childhood teachers as set out in regulation 152;
 in the case of a family day care service,
 a record of staff, family day care co-ordinators engaged by the service and family day care educator assistants approved by the service, kept under regulation 154;
 a children's attendance record as set out in regulation 158;
 child enrolment records as set out in regulation 160;
 a record of the service's compliance with the Law as set out in regulation 167;
 a record of certified supervisors placed in day to day charge of the education and care service under section 162 of the Law

My teacher said it was wrong, as I refer here to the documentation of child assessments or or evaluations for delivery of the educational program as set out in regulation 74, when the question is asking me to refer to regulation 74 and list the requirements.
I searched through the reg 74, can't find anything that will look like requirements.....
The link that you gave in the previous post to the National Regulations p 186 is expired...

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:38 pm

In regards to Regulation 74, here are the requirements as set in the National Regulations:
Documenting of child assessments or evaluations for delivery of educational program
(1) The approved provider of the education and care service must ensure that, for the purposes of the educational program, the following are documented—
(a) for a child preschool age or under—
(i) assessments of the child’s developmental needs, interests, experiences and participation in the educational program; and
(ii) assessments of the child’s progress against the outcomes of the educational program; and
(b) for a child over preschool age, evaluations of the child’s wellbeing, development and learning.
(2) In preparing the documentation, the approved provider must—
(a) consider—
(i) the period of time that the child is being educated and cared for by the service; and
(ii) how the documentation will be used by the educators at the service; and
(b) prepare the documentation in a way that is readily understandable by the educators at the service and the parents of the child.

Is this what you are referring to?

Lorina

sasha r

Post by sasha r » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:29 pm

dear Lorina! thank you so much! it was easier than I thought.
Just also wanted to tell you that your website is a great help for those who study or work in the childcare Industrie!!!!!!

thank you!!!!!!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:39 pm

sasha r wrote:dear Lorina! thank you so much! it was easier than I thought.
Just also wanted to tell you that your website is a great help for those who study or work in the childcare Industrie!!!!!!

thank you!!!!!!

No problem! :thumbup:

Sometimes we overthink the question and get all panicky! Happens to me as well! LOL!

Also I'm glad to hear that you like this website!!

I appreciate your support!

Lorina