Principles That Reflect Inclusion

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
sasha r

Principles That Reflect Inclusion

Post by sasha r » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:24 pm

Dear Lorina,
Could you please help me with the next question?
Identify two EYLF principles that reflect a commitment to inclusion?
My answer:
Principle 3 – High expectations and equity
Educators recognise and respond to barriers to children achieving educational success. In response they challenge practices that contribute to inequities and make curriculum decisions that promote inclusion and participation of all children. By developing their professional knowledge and skills, and working in partnership with children, families, communities, other services and agencies, they continually strive to fi nd equitable and effective ways to ensure that all children have opportunities to achieve learning outcomes.

Principle 4- Respect for diversity
I am sure that principle 3 is correct, but not sure if I am correct with the Principle 4, as I can not find anything to deal with inclusion here.
thank you ,
SASHA R

Lorina

Re: Principles That Reflect Inclusion

Post by Lorina » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:30 pm

Yes, you're on the right track for the second one you could also include:

Partnerships – working in partnerships with families within the early childhood setting. Creating a warm and welcoming environment for all children and their families. Collaborating with childcare professionals, parents, people within the community to ensure learning experiences are meaningful for the children.

:geek:,
Lorina

sasha r

Post by sasha r » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:22 pm

Thank you Lorina for your quick reply.
When I submitted my work, my first attempt was Principle 2 - Partnerships and Principle 3 -High expectations and equity. I got feedback from my assessor saying: "Well tried, however only second principle that you have listed is relevant. Please revise first."
Does it mean the answer Partnership is not correct? I am a bit confused. It is tricky question I must say.
thank you,
Sasha r

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:49 pm

Yes, it is tricky because in a way "Partnerships" can also support inclusion...

Could it be Principle 1: Secure, respectful and reciprocal relationships – having an understanding and being aware of children’s thoughts and feelings. Positively interacting with each individual child in their learning and support the development of a child’s sense of wellbeing.

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:50 pm

BTW - it's so annoying when assessors ask questions like this because there could be more than one right response!

Lorina

sasha r

Post by sasha r » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:01 pm

sounds good, thank you, Lorina.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:23 pm

You're welcome!

Lorina