Policies and Procedures- Cultural Competency

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Tatiana_Angi

Policies and Procedures- Cultural Competency

Post by Tatiana_Angi » Tue May 10, 2016 1:10 pm

Hello,
I am doing an induction kit for cultural competence. I need to list the relevant policies and procedures that employees should adhere to in relation to cultural competency.

Also, I need at least 4 more available resources to support educators incorporate cultural competence into practice and policy. I'm so blank. Right now my resources are:
- Books
- Internet links: www.ceh.org.au/, www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au, https://www.ccca.com.au, www.snaicc.org.au, www.cscentral.org.au.
- Interpreters
- Video: Cultural Competence https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wgwEt5pV8k

I need four more ...

Tatiana_Angi

Re: Policies and Procedures- Cultural Competency

Post by Tatiana_Angi » Wed May 25, 2016 2:42 pm

Hello,

I've looked at these and I'd love to say that it helped but I am still struggling to find out what exact policies and procedures employers need to adhere to in relation to cultural competency. These links give me a lot of information on cultural competency but none to help me know what policies and procedures are needed to adhere.

Thanks a lot,

Tatiana

Rencia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rencia » Wed May 25, 2016 3:12 pm

In my opinion I would definitely have Anti-discriminatory policy, Equal Employment Opportunities policy, equity and diversity policy. I am not sure what else to include here

Tatiana_Angi

Post by Tatiana_Angi » Wed May 25, 2016 4:21 pm

Thanks so much Rencia,
Helped a lot :D