Plans and Policies

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
GieBiondo2016
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Plans and Policies

Post by GieBiondo2016 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:11 am

Hello,
I am nearly finished with a Diploma in ECAC. The center I am doing prac in won't allow me to photograph or photocopy the policies and procedures they use, which has been a minor issue previously and is now more complex. I need copies or samples of an Emergency Management Plan, Fire Evacuation Plan, Emergency Evacuation Plan and next week I will need more, just not sure what at the moment. I have been writing out everything I require before beginning my volunteer prac hours but I just don't have the time to spend doing it with units due every Thursday until December 14th. I'm so close to being done I could cry! Why take on a student if you won't allow me to access the information necessary to complete my assignments??? Ughhhhhhh anyone able to attach or email me policies? I would be forever grateful!

Gie

Lorina

Re: Plans and Policies

Post by Lorina » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:08 pm

I'm sorry to hear that! You're absolutely right! They shouldn't have taken on you as a student if they are not going to allow you to access policies and procedures! That's ridiculous! One of the main reasons of doing work placement is to understand policies and procedures...

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Re: Plans and Policies

Post by Lorina » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:11 pm

Thankfully you don't have to stress about it because there are so many centres that have copies of their policies and procedures online itself... So, I guess you could use any one of these to refer to:

Policies and Procedures Handbook

Take your pick:

Policy and Procedures Manual Childcare

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina