OHS Legislation - CHCCN511A Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
samyoyo

OHS Legislation - CHCCN511A Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children

Post by samyoyo » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:15 pm

Hi, need your help to these questions please....thanks! I am totally have no idea about it :(

1. OHS legislation requires employers to engage in participative management of OHS in the workplace. Wht does this mean? Give examples of participative management.

2. In relation to each of the following OHS issues identify the level of participative decision that should be applied - give a reason for your response.

The ISSUES are below:
a. Changing OHS workplace procedures eg. infection control measures

b. Returfing the play area

c. Developing a new OHS Policy

d. Planning OHS training

e. Relocating first aid kit

How to answer the LEVEL OF PARTIFICATION for above's issues (There is 3 columm there) and what REASON can I give?

Thank you very much!

Lorina

Re: OHS Legislation - CHCCN511A Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children

Post by Lorina » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Hi Samyoyo,

Just thought I'd let you know that I've read your above question and I'll get back to it over the next couple of days, once I find out more info for ya....

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

samyoyo

Re: OHS Legislation - CHCCN511A Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children

Post by samyoyo » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:08 am

Thanks L.A! Have a nice day :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:50 pm

Hi Samyoyo,

1. OHS legislation requires employers to engage in participative management of OHS in the workplace. Wht does this mean? Give examples of participative management.

Employers participation is a key element in an effective OH&S management system. Employers own experiences of a particular day to day work processes are a valubalesource of information and advice on situations, equipment and fixtures with the potential to cause injury or illness and ideas on how the hazard can be addressed.

Participative Management includes:
- the development and review of policies and procedures in relation to OH&S
- consultation arrangements in the workplace in relation to OH&S (including the establishment and review of designtasted work groups and OH&S committees)
- the type of OH&S information to be prvided to employess and the way the information is to be provided and
- planning for the OH&S training for employees.

I’m not too sure on question 2...I think when talking about "Level of Participation" they are referring to whom to discuss the issues with and why (such as employers, OH&S committee, management etc.)...I don't know if that's right but I’ll try and find out…have you found out anything more in the meantime?

L.A

samyoyo

Post by samyoyo » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:04 am

Hi L.A,

Thanks a lots for the answer. Sorry for the late reply...was busy with my work and my children. Happy Easter Day :D

kirbie1408

Post by kirbie1408 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:01 pm

Hi guys,

Just wondering if we have been able to shed any light on the second part of this question "Level of Participation"
I have just come across this question in my diploma and do not quite understand.

Thanx in advance
Kirbie

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:38 pm

Hi Kirbie,

JUst a quick one... I'm trying to find out some info for your question... I'm not quite sure either, although I think it may be what I had suggested in my earlier post:
I think when talking about "Level of Participation" they are referring to whom to discuss the issues with and why (such as employers, OH&S committee, management etc.)...

I'll let you know when I find out what exactly this means...

:geek:,
L.A

kirbie1408

Post by kirbie1408 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:49 pm

thanx so much,
nice to have such a great website like this to be able to help out people like me who are having trouble

melly

Re: CHCCN511A Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children - OHS Legislation

Post by melly » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:52 pm

hey guys

my name is melissa im 19 and i have just started my diploma of childrens services and im looking for some assistance on some questions that im stuck on, i have not had very much experience in child care although i have been working in the industry for just under 2 years, the questions are:

1 List the key aims of OH&S legislation?
2 What are the obligations of the employee in relation to OH&S legislateion? does this mean like if insee some thing not up to scrach within the centre its my obligation to tell some one about the poroblem?

if ther is any thing i can help any one with i am happy to also help them

Lorina

Re: OHS Legislation

Post by Lorina » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi Melissa,

Welcome to the forum :D !

How are you finding working in the childcare industry? It can be challenging and demanding at times…huh… ;)

Just wanted to help you out with your questions:

1 List the key aims of OH&S legislation?

I am providing you with a link to a site which has information on various OH&S issues through the Department of Education and Early Childhood. Have a read through the information and this should provide you with a few ideas for your first question. The link is: http://www.education.vic.gov.au/hr/ohs/default.htm

2 What are the obligations of the employee in relation to OH&S legislation?

If you just look above your post (on this page, in pink, posted on April 13) one of the questions from a member was “OHS legislation requires employers to engage in participative management of OHS in the workplace”. You can use some of the information from here to help you answer this question. I also found the same question as yours, that one of our members had asked in another topic in this forum. Click on the link to view response: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/v ... f=47&t=111

Let me know if you require further help,

Also, what's the Module Number for this assignment?

L.A

melly

Post by melly » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:07 am

thank you so very much L.A

im enjoying child care but as u said its challenging some days lol, im currently tossing up weather i want to direct my own child care centre or weather i want to teach in primary school as i want to do my batchelor next ;)

the name of the assement is called CHCCN511A Establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children

thank you for your help again melissa :D

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:51 pm

Hi Melissa,

How has your day been? I'm so glad the weather has held up today (in Sydney)... Took my group of children for an afternoon picnic... Have you noticed that when children are stuck inside all day they tend to get a little crazy.. :lol:

No problems, happy to help :D with your assignments... at times we just need a bit of a push in the right direction..

Great to hear you're thinking about running your own childcare centre it's going to be VERY HARD work that's for sure.. If you are thinking about doing your Bachelor I think they are offering a course that you can do both Early Childhood and Primary School... There are a lot of options to think about!

Thanks for providing the Module Number for this assignment...

L.A

melly

Post by melly » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:49 pm

Thats fine :-) and i have noticed that when children are kept inside to long at times they just want to break free and run off there energy but hey its good for them and also good for us teachers also :-) and im finding it a little chalenging as i havent got as much experience befor starting my diploma and i dont have to much intrist in OHS lol not that i think many people do either lol

Although i have another question for you it's

List and breifly describe the various legislation, standards and guidelines used to manage the health and safety of children and adults in childrens services?

it has "breifly" in bould letters also

melissa

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:17 pm

Hi Melissa,
List and breifly describe the various legislation, standards and guidelines used to manage the health and safety of children and adults in childrens services?

I have already answered this question in another topic before...Here is the link:
http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/v ... f=26&t=184

Please note: "Most questions asked in this forum may have been answered before. By searching, you will save yourself the time that would otherwise be spent waiting for a response. Before starting a new topic, please make sure that you have done a search as well as looked through the following sections of the site:

i) Forum
ii) Resources
iii) Printables
"

Just use the "Site Search" option to search our site..you can find this at the top of the pages near the site banner (top right side).

I understand that you are new to our forum, but can you please read our "Forum Rules". This will help you get an idea on how to use our site and the requirements for posting topics..

Thank you for your understanding..

:geek:,
L.A

melly

Post by melly » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:54 pm

i have read the above information u have asked :-)
thanks for your help

TULIPS8

Post by TULIPS8 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:38 am

Hi L.A.
Thank you very much for your reply. I will have a look at the link.
Thanxs