Observation & Analysis Of Child's Skill and Development

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
gouldy7
Participator
Participator

Observation & Analysis Of Child's Skill and Development

Post by gouldy7 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:21 am

1. Each observation should be completed on the template provided in your assessment pack. Your observations must be detailed and include information of the child’s learning and conversations. Observations should be collected at different times of the day and in different locations.
2. Each observation must be completed with sufficient analysis of children’s skills and development and make relevant and meaningful links to the EYLF and the National Quality Standards.
3. Each observation must include further planning ideas that are connected and linked to the observation. Future planning suggestions should be reflective of the assessment requirements for Part B.

my attempt is attached below I am not sure if I have linked this corrected or it I need more information in my analysis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Lorina on Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Observation & Analysis Of Child's Skill and Development

Post by Lorina » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:33 am

I think you need to add more to your analysis. Use the sub outcomes within the EYLF to help you add to the analysis based on what you observed. To do this, choose the relevant EYLF sub outcomes relating to Riley's physical development and also include evidence from your observation to tie it all in together. For example:

"Riley combine gross and fine motor movement and balance to achieve increasingly complex patterns of activity as he plays bowling on the Nintendo Wii by moving his arm and pressing the buttons on the control (3.2.4)".

Use the following sub outcomes to help you with your analysis.

How Children Can Achieve The Outcomes

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:38 am

Forgot to add -

You also need to add "further planning ideas" which I didn't see on your observation sheet. Since Riley is developing his physical skills you could probably do an outdoor soccer game or dodge ball or cricket to continue to develop his hand eye co-ordination and gross motor skills.

Lorina

gouldy7
Participator
Participator

Post by gouldy7 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:46 pm

Further Planning Ideas – including EYLF outcomes to focus on
Have a game that helps with sharing such as trouble I am not sure what that is?

Teachers comment You are referring to games again here. Further ideas – you adding on to his knowledge, could you think about 2 other things that you could promote his social and emotional . . unsure of what this means please help with a sample of ideas

New game such as soccer / leader ball submit another activity as you have already referred to various ball game in the first observation
Outcome 2.4

gouldy7
Participator
Participator

Post by gouldy7 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:54 pm

This was my further planning idea for the Wii bowling activity

Excursion to the Bowling Alley for a game of bowling

Different ball games Outcome 3.2 When you think about ideas for further planning you want to extend their development. It is a good idea to start with what they know, you can also add other activities that you will challenge Riley

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:14 am

Here are some on social and emotional development:

Social and Emotional Foundations

You could also do something like a board game such as "Mouse Trap" where you have to build a mouse trap of even "Operation" where you have to remove different body parts using tweezers:

Mouse Trap
Operation

Hope this helps,

Lorina