Nurture Creativity in children

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
vasuki.sivasangar
Participator
Participator

Nurture Creativity in children

Post by vasuki.sivasangar » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:50 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCECE018 Environment creation
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Construction play environment for 3-4 age group.
EYLF summary.
what learning the children will have the opportunity to engage in this environment?
What teaching strategies you could use to implement this resource?
How your environments will provide children with opportunities to develop their creativity?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
EYLF Outcome 4.2Children are confident and involved learners. Children develop a range of skills and processes such as problem solving, enquiry, experimentation, hypothesizing, researching and investigating. (Outcome 4.2) pg 35. Block construction encourages children to engage in practice and representation. Its provides opportunities for learning about mathematical concepts of size, shape, space and weight along with developing imagination and creativity. Playing with blocks may help kids develop a variety of cognitive skills, thinking skills, motor skills and hand-eye coordination, a capacity for creativity, social skills, language skills and linked with better math’s skills.

During this play children has contributed some basic mathemetical skills , thinking skills such as sorting, comparing as well as they investigated the concepts of size, shapes and color.

Differnt kind legos , train sets

some posters with blocks, big play area. computer.

Description and Message:
Hai I dont know this is correct or wrong . Please anybody give me some answer. I need to hand over day after tomorrow.

The same question for Visual arts. I need some help for visual art also.

Thanks

sugi :sweating: :cry:

Lorina

Re: Nurture Creativity in children

Post by Lorina » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:58 am

It seems like you are on the right track for this question....Just a few pointers.... With the EYLF summary you can add a few of the activities on offer within that area. You mentioned block construction what else can the children engage in? You can also add more than one learning outcome and provide examples as evidence for the learning outcomes you chose.

I'm providing you with a few articles available on this site that may help:

Benefits Of Interest Areas

How Children Can Achieve EYLF Outcomes

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

vasuki.sivasangar
Participator
Participator

Re: Nurture Creativity in children

Post by vasuki.sivasangar » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:28 pm

Hai Lorina thank you so much for your answer. It helps me lot.

Regards

Sugi :D