Notyfying parents of excursion.

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ChloeeM

Notyfying parents of excursion.

Post by ChloeeM » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:56 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCN511A Workplace Health & Safety
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
1. A letter of notification and permission to the parents/guardians outlining the excursion event. This notice must meet the necessary legislative requirements and list educational outcomes for the children.
I just want to know the best way to transport these children to and from and what kind of transport.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have an understanding of the legislative requirements. I want to take 24 people on this excursion 18 children 6 adults so there is a 1-3 child ratio.

Description and Message:
We have to either use car, bus or train. Train is not an option as there is not a station near the destination.
Any help would be appreciated.

Lorina

Re: Notyfying parents of excursion.

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:08 pm

When using transport for an excursion it depends on how far it is from where you need to go and what type of transport is available. Maybe you can consider hiring a small mini van or bus? I don't think cars or public bus would be possible with so many children. How about walking?

You can also check out the following topic about notifying parents about excursions.

On The Job: Excursion Notification/Permission Letter

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A