Management Structure Of A Centre

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Jess.

Management Structure Of A Centre

Post by Jess. » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:17 pm

Identify a management structure:
- lines of accountability
- communication structure

I'm just a little confused? do i need an administrative assistant in the childcare? and also in my example service, i have 4 rooms. Do i need a room/team leader in each room and are they also counted towards the educator to child ratios? Is that all the question is asking?
thank you so much in advance!

My answer so far:
I have developed a management structure that includes the management committee, director, nominated supervisor, chef, and room leaders and educators. But i'm not sure if there must be a room leader in each room and if they are counted towards educator to child ratios.

Lorina

Re: Leadership cluster

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Yes, you're on the right track! I would also include room leaders as well and they are accountable to the Director etc.

:geek:,
Lorina

Jess.

Post by Jess. » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:46 pm

thank you so much Lorina! So in my understanding, a room leader must be in each room and if i have 8 children under 2 years, i can have an educator with certificate 3 and the room leader with diploma to supervise, right?
thanks again! :D

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:12 pm

Yes, that's right... the ratio for babies is 1:4 so having two educators is right!

Lorina

Jamuna

Re: Management Structure Of A Centre

Post by Jamuna » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:10 pm

Hi Lorina
In the same assessment I need to develop educator rooster which include the break times. According to the regulation 1:4 in babies room is correct. But I am little bit confused here. How can we cover the ratio when one educator in her lunch break?

What I did is I have included one more educator in each room to maintain the ratio during break times. Is that correct?

Thanks in advance
Jamuna

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:22 pm

This may help:

299F Educator to child ratios when educator or early childhood teacher on rest pause

(1) A centre-based service is taken to meet the relevant educator to child ratio while an educator or early childhood teacher is on a rest pause if—
(a) the rest pause is not more than 10 minutes duration; and
(b) the educator or early childhood teacher has not already taken more than one rest pause that day; and
(c) there is a specified person present at the education and care service premises during the rest pause who is—
(i) not working with children; and
(ii) able to attend to children immediately if required; and

Note. The person may be the educator or early childhood teacher who is taking the rest pause.

(d) only one educator or early childhood teacher counted in the relevant required educator to child ratio is absent on a rest pause at any one time; and
(e) if the centre-based service has a rest period condition, the educator or early childhood teacher does not take the rest pause during a rest period.

Ref: National Regulations

Lorina

Jamuna

Post by Jamuna » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:51 pm

Thanks a lot Lorina.

From this regulation I understand that if a baby's room has two educators which contains 8 babies, then one educator can take 10 minutes rest without any additional person present in the room.

If the educator needs a break more than 10 minutes then the room needs additional educator to meet the ratio. Is that correct?

Thanks
Jamuna