Legal Issues In Childcare

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Puddlefish
Participator
Participator

Legal Issues In Childcare

Post by Puddlefish » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:00 pm

Might be a silly question, but all this Legal part of childcare im finding very overwhelming
i have a question about common Legal issues that need to be managed in 0-5yr childrens service and so far i have
Child to staff Ratios and for example having more than the minimum amount encase a staff member needs to leave due to sickness etc, so you arent left with less than the legal minimum
Duty of Care vs Parents rights ie if a parent who is drunk/under the influence of drugs comes to collect the child
Confidentiality. Records not being kept locked or being left out and public being able to access
Educator Qualifications and the minimum requirements, as with Child to staff ratios Education qualifications need to be taken into account if a staff member needs to leave

Am i on the right track do you think?
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lorina

Re: Legal Issues In Childcare

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:17 am

Yes, you're on the right track with your response. Here is some other information that may help:

Collecting A Child From Care

:geek:,
Lorina

Puddlefish
Participator
Participator

Re: Legal Issues In Childcare

Post by Puddlefish » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:47 pm

yep cool, thanks Lorina, ive used collection of children, child staff ratios, and my 3rd ill use confidentiality