Legal & Ethical Responsibilities For Different Types Of Children

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
emmakathrynn

Legal & Ethical Responsibilities For Different Types Of Children

Post by emmakathrynn » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:59 pm

Hey, I am not sure if I am on the right track for these questions. Any feedback or help would be great.

Outline your legal and ethical responsibilities and obligations towards:
a child with mild Asperger’s
In regards to the child with aspergers the centre at which I am working needs to run a program that will involve the child, be of usefulness to the child and so that the child can participate in the program. The centre also needs to build on the relationships with the family and friends of the child to provide a positive outcome.
a child with same sex parents

Children who have the same sex parents also need to be actively challenged and the centre needs to find ways to support all sorts of family cultures. The centre needs to have the aim of enriching the child. It is our ethical responsibility to not create a discriminating workplace.

a child with a severe disability
Some children with special needs can fit into the general services provided by the childcare centre. Other children need to have special attention, sometimes one on one. The centre is obligated to make sure that it can organise the child's eating, sleeping and toileting requirements. The centre has the legal obligation to make sure that all of the children within its care are attended to as required and that they are safe from harm at all times.
a child whose family does not speak English at home.

Children that cannot speak English can find it very difficult and confusing to come into a child care centre. The centre has to try and make the child and the child’s parents feel safe and secure within the premises. In instances where the parents and the children speak no English whatsoever, sometimes a translator will be required. With the children in this situation you will need to use other forms of communication such as hand gestures, drawings, and or photographs. It is my obligation and responsibility to make sure that the child and their family are welcomed into a non-discriminating childcare centre.

Thank you,

Emma.
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Legal & Ethical Responsibilities For Different Types Of Children

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:50 am

Hi Emma,

Off to a good start, I just think you need to add more strategies specific for each of the different scenarios. See if the following helps:

1) Child With Aspergers
2) Same Sex Couples
3) Inclusion Now
4) English As A Second Language

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

emmakathrynn

Re: Legal & Ethical Responsibilities For Different Types Of Children

Post by emmakathrynn » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:15 pm

Great, thank you so much!

Emma :)