Leadership in the Early Childhood Profession

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
bubbler12
Contributor
Contributor

Leadership in the Early Childhood Profession

Post by bubbler12 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:43 pm

Question
Provide 3 examples of sustainable practices occurring within your education and care service.

My answer
The three examples I am using for sustainable practices that is currently in place at my education and care service is
• A recycling program is used at the Early Childhood Education and Care Service which includes the children using the yellow recycling bin that is set up in the kinder room for the children to recycle cardboard, plastic and paper and the children also use the donated materials from the families for art and craft making.
• A rain water tank is fitted to save water at the Early Childhood Education and Care Service instead of leaving the garden hose running water all the time. The children and educators use the water from the rain water tank for water play and water the garden with buckets/ watering cans
• On the food trolley there is two different containers- one is for food scraps and the other one is for the dishes. Once the children have finished their meal they scrape the leftover food into the scrap container and place their bowl/ plate into the other container and the food scraps are then used for the worm farm/ composting bin.