Information on social group/cultural beliefs and home lifestyles as well as styles of discipline

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
SARAMONSE

Information on social group/cultural beliefs and home lifestyles as well as styles of discipline

Post by SARAMONSE » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:58 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCECE020, CHCECE021 Inclusion
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I believe that is really important to realise that we live in a multicultural society and understand that different people have different beliefs, expectations and styles of discipline, so as an educators we need to be aware and sensitive to the different cultural background and expectations of the child’s family and find a balance within our own values and beliefs but also those of our coworkers and the children and families at the Centre to provide environments that are inclusive and Supportive families but in other hand we need to be very clear of what behavior is expected for everyone involve at the Centre.

Description and Message:
this is my answer so far, now my teacher suggest me to add some
strategies that you would need to take to promote positive and appropriate behaviour guidance when the home child rearing practices may be considered as inappropriate guidance in your professional views.

the only strategy I can think of now are:
Praising and rewarding positive behaviour
being a role modelling
set up clear routines for certain activities e.g. story time, meal times, tidying up,getting ready to go out, sharing toys etc.
Use stories and songs as a strategy for encouraging/supporting positive behaviour.

is this correct? Am I in the right dirrection?

Thanks for your help

Lorina

Re: Information on social group/cultural beliefs and home lifestyles as well as styles of discipline

Post by Lorina » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:12 am

Yes, you're on the right track with your response! This may also help:

Behaviour Management In Childcare

:geek:,
L.A