Inform Learning and Foster Holistic Development Cluster

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Rachel_c99

Inform Learning and Foster Holistic Development Cluster

Post by Rachel_c99 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 2:58 pm

This is my first time posting, hope Im posting in the right place!

I need help with 2 questions for my assignment!
I need to create experiences, these are the questions:

For one of your focus children plan, implement and evaluate a communication experience. (This also needs to -Reflect children’s cultural and linguistic heritage
-Include a display of home languages and Standard Australian English
-Provide familiar and unfamiliar culturally constructed texts

For one of your focus children plan, implement and evaluate a social experience that will investigate an ethical issue in the local community.

I'm just struggling with what experiences I could do for both of these.

TIA :)

Lorina

Re: Inform Learning and Foster Holistic Development Cluster

Post by Lorina » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:53 am

One experience you can do is to sing songs in home languages during group time. So, if you have a child that speaks Spanish you can sing and learn a Spanish song with the children. You can also learn basic words and phrases such as hello, goodbye, please, Thank you that you can say throughout the day with the children as well.

Along with this you can also include a world map on a wall and have all hellos in different languages based on the families and where they are from in the centre.

You can also learn about different countries based on where the families are from each week. You can do like a country a week or a fortnight and learn a song/dance, listen to music, locate it on the map, learn simple phrases, cook a recipe from there, learn a game, etc. You can also make a passport that you can add a stamp for each country the children visit.

Well that's a couple of ideas to get you started.

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

Rachel_c99

Re: Inform Learning and Foster Holistic Development Cluster

Post by Rachel_c99 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:37 pm

Thankyou Lorina!

For another assignment question I have to create a social experience that will investigate an ethical issue in the local community.
I'm struggling on what would be an ethical issue in the community, I was thinking maybe littering, how not putting rubbish in the bin affects and harms our wildlife? I'm not sure