HUGE HELP for this CHCCN511A

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Curly74

HUGE HELP for this CHCCN511A

Post by Curly74 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:37 pm

Hi guys
I am studying Diploma and it driving me nuts about one question :D

So the question is-
List the range of requirements that are included to minimise the risks to children's health and safely. (150-200 words)

And I have look up in previous that one of you put up in forum but it doesnt match the question so PLEASE help me so i can completed this subject so I can move on with other assignments!!!

Many thanks for this

Curly74

Lorina

Re: HUGE HELP for this CHCCN511A

Post by Lorina » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi Curly,

Here is some info that should help you out with this assignment:

Dangerous Products

Poisonous and dangerous products such as cleaning products, garden and pest control, chemicals and sharp objects must be kept out of children's reach. Poisonous substances should be labelled clearly. Spiders and vermin can also cause a threat to children's health and safety and precautions should be taken to prevent or remove them from the environment.

Buildings and Grounds

The centre building and surrounds should be checked regularly to minimize risk to children. All areas within the childcare setting and objects (sandpit etc) should be checked often to ensure they are in good repair and free of hazards.

Equipment and Furniture

Children's play equipment and furniture should be carefully selected, installed, maintained to ensure it complies with appropriate regulations.

Supervision

Staff need to actively supervise children to identify risks and therefore minimize injury. Staff also need to pay particular attention to areas that pose a high risk to children (playground equipment). Effective supervision will minimize the risk of injuries as well as children's health and safety.

Hopefully with this info you are able to complete your assignment!

:geek:,
L.A

Curly74

Post by Curly74 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:14 pm

L.A

Thanks very much for this!!! ur a gem for this... I have add few of these...

Cheers

Curly

TULIPS8

Post by TULIPS8 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:25 pm

Thank you so very much. I kinda got stuck and i am glad you could help. thanks tulips

TULIPS8

Require help CHCIC501A Co-ordinate the organisation for external

Post by TULIPS8 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:09 pm

HI there i require help with the following questions:
I am required to answer questions regarding the following: National Childcare Accreditation Council
NCAC Self-Study process ie. what is the purpose of self-study process, who is involved, why is it important for parents to participate in self study program and what is a self study report?
NCAC validation process and moderation process?

many thanks and Happy New Year

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Post by LindyT » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:43 pm

TULIPS8 you will need to start a new topic for this question if you want help.

azurecara

Post by azurecara » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:41 pm

Hi there, Here is my response to this question - it might be helpful in the future for others searching at the last minute like me. :)

Be warned however, that the word limit on this question was 150 - 200 and I have cut it back as much as I can... and it's still WAY over. Based on the Regulations, this is what I came up with - no idea if it will answer the question right though.

Quality Area 2: Standards and Elements – Each child’s health is promoted; Healthy eating and Physical Activity is embedded in the program for children;
Health, hygiene and safe food practices - safe practices for handling, preparing and storing food.
Food and beverages - children must have access to safe drinking water at all times, and have food and drinks available throughout the day.
Sleep and rest - must take reasonable steps to ensure that children’s needs for sleep and rest are met.
Tobacco, drug and alcohol-free environment
Child protection - must ensure that all educators are aware of the current and relevant child protection law and understand their obligations under that law.
Incidents, injury, trauma and illness - must have in place policies and procedures in the event that a child is injured, becomes ill, or suffers a trauma.
Serious incidents - The National Law requires the Regulatory Authority to be notified of any serious incident at an Approved Service.
Infectious diseases - must take reasonable steps to prevent the spread of infectious diseases
at the service.
First aid kits – must be adequate in number, easily recognisable and readily accessible to adults.
Medical conditions - must have a policy for managing medical conditions
Administration of medication – Medication must not be administered to a child without authorisation by a parent or person with the authority to consent to administration of medical attention to the child.
Adequate supervision - All children must be adequately supervised at all times
Protection from harm and hazards - every reasonable precaution is taken to protect
children from harm and from any hazard likely to cause injury.
Emergency procedures - required to have policies and procedures which set out instructions
for what must be done in an emergency and to have an emergency and evacuation floor plan.
Collection of children - A child may only leave the education and care service premises under any of the following circumstances: a parent or authorised nominee collects the child; a parent or authorised nominee provides written authorisation for the child to leave the premises; a parent or authorised nominee provides written authorisation for the child to attend an excursion; the child requires medical, hospital or ambulance treatment, or there is another emergency.
Excursions - A risk assessment must be carried out for an excursion before permission is sought.

- Azurecara

azurecara

Post by azurecara » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:20 pm

Sorry, I changed my answer to stick to the guidelines as set out in the NQF - which reduced down the word count considerably.

QUALITY AREA 2
Standard 2.1 Each child’s Health is promoted, 2.2 Healthy Eating and physical activity, 2.3 Each child is protected.
Including area’s –
• Each child’s health needs are supported
• Each child’s comfort is provided for and there are appropriate opportunities to meet each child’s need for sleep, rest and relaxation.
• Effective hygiene practices are promoted and implemented
• Steps are taken to control the spread of infectious diseases and to manage injuries and illness, in accordance with recognised guidelines.
• Health eating is promoted and food and drinks provided by the service are nutritious and appropriate for each child.
• Children are adequately supervised at all times
• Every reasonable precaution is taken to protect children from harm and any hazard likely to cause injury
• Plans to effectively manage incidents and emergencies are developed in consultation with relevant authorities, practices and implemented.
• Educators, co-ordinators and staff members are aware of their roles and responsibilities to respond to every child at risk of abuse or neglect.

QUALITY AREA 3
Standard 3.1 The design and location of the premises are appropriate for the operation of a service.
Including –
• Outdoor and indoor spaces, buildings, furniture, equipment, facilities and resources are suitable for their purpose.
• Premises, furniture and equipment are safe, clean and well maintained.