How to improve on my analysis

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
allie2192

How to improve on my analysis

Post by allie2192 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:53 pm

Hi

I'm writing a learning stories for one of my assignments. The educator in the room I'm doing my placement in read my learning story and said overall it was great, but wrote for my analysis I need to write it without assumption.

Here is my observation and analysis could someone please give me some tips/pointers as to what I could add/change so that I write it without assumption.

Child’s name: Ryan
Date: 25/3/15
Setting: Ryan was siting at the craft table watching the other children

Ryan comes over to the table where the under the sea collage is set up. He picks up a glue stick unwinds it and starts putting glue all over the A4 piece of paper in front of him. Ryan does that for a good few seconds. So I say to him “why don’t we put the glue stick down and stick something on the paper and make a sea creature.” I then ask him what sea creature he would like to make he says “Shark”. I then say to Ryan, “why don’t you draw a shark shape and we can cut it out and stick some fins and eyes on. Ryan draws a few lines and then starts cutting at different angles on his piece of paper. I then suggest to Ryan, why don’t I cut the sharks body out for you and some fins so that you can stick them on. So I cut out the shark shape and fins for Ryan. He sticks the fins on the body. I then say to him that looks really good why don’t you go and show Miss Kerry.

Analysis:
Throughout the observation above it is evident Ryan likes participating in Art based experiences. As he sits down at the table and has a go at using the glue on the piece of paper in front. But Ryan struggles with his cognitive, as he is unsure of what to do after he has put glue on his piece of paper. Ryan also has some difficulty with his social and linguistic developmental as I have to ask him question about what sea creature he would like to make and then have to prompt him every step of the way when making his sea creature.

Future Planning: Where to from here?
Read books on sharks and other sea creatures. Watch videos about sharks. Make 3d sharks with the children. Sing songs about the sea or do a dance about the sea. Make sharks and other seas creatures out of play dough. Make their own story book with the children.