HLTHIR403B - Impact of Cultural Practices & Diversity of Care

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
GallopGirl

HLTHIR403B - Impact of Cultural Practices & Diversity of Care

Post by GallopGirl » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:14 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: HLTHIR403B: Care, Education and Involving Families
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Advanced Knowledge

Your Question?
Discuss the impact of cultural practices and experiences on personal behaviour, interpersonal relationships, perception and social expectations of others and how this may translate into diversity of care practices of children

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have a "kind-of" idea of what this is asking but due to the way it is written I just cannot get my head around it!! I'm basing the question on a Japanese child/Family.

Description and Message:
Discuss the impact of cultural practices and experiences on personal behaviour, interpersonal relationships, perception and social expectations of others and how this may translate into diversity of care practices of children

I have a "kind-of" idea of what this is asking but due to the way it is written I just cannot get my head around it!! I'm basing the question on a Japanese child/Family.

If anyone could word this in a more understandable way it would be GREATLY appreciated!! Assignment it due Wednesday Ah!!
Last edited by Lorina on Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Need help understanding a question

Post by Lorina » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:01 pm

I'm not too sure that this question requires you to base it on a particular culture or family. When I read it I think it is asking for a general overview rather than on a specific culture. From what I understand of the question:

Discuss the impact of cultural practices (traditions and customs of ethnic groups) and experience on personal behavior, interpersonal relationships, perception and social expectations and how this may translate into diversity care practices of children.

I think it is asking you to discuss how different peoples traditions and customs, behavior, social involvement etc, may effect the way we use diversity when caring for the children. For e.g. "In some cultures it is inappropriate or challenging to have direct eye contact, so when you are speaking to someone they may have their eyes to the ground. Looking down may be a sign of respect". So the children who are accustomed to this will also not make direct eye contact with you while you are speaking to them.

I'm not too sure if this is right but this is what my opinion of the question is. I'm also attaching a cultural diversity tip sheet for you where you could probably get some more ideas from.

Hopefully I haven't confused you too much...

[attachment=0]diversity-in-practice-tipsheet-2.pdf[/attachment]
:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.