Foster Childen's Aesthetic and Creative Development

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
muppyjane

Foster Childen's Aesthetic and Creative Development

Post by muppyjane » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:40 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC508A Assessment Task Outline: Newsletter Design and Questions and Answer Task
Your Assignment Type: Other
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
I am designing a newsletter (fact sheet) to hand out to parents regarding creative and aesthetic development to educate them. I have 7 questions to answer in the fact sheet.

One question is: "value of using open ended questioning". That is all it says.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I have read the package plus done online searches. My answer so far is:

When we talk to children, it is important to ask open ended questions so you can get a two way conversation going between you and your child. These are questions that may start with “Who, “Where”, Why’, What’, When, and How” and need more than just a yes or no for an answer. The value of open ended questioning is that it can lead to fascinating and memorable conversations that will help you to understand your child and their thinking better. These conversations are great to learn about what your child’s interests and ideas are, what experiences and things they like and what they can imagine. What they are thinking might surprise you. By using open ended questions often you encourage your child to expand their vocabulary with new and interesting words. Your child might use new and descriptive words to describe what they have built or drawn. They may think of unusual words to describe a person they have painted or what someone may have done. By using opened ended questioning, you and your child can share ideas in a way that invites creative thinking, imaginative ideas and wonderful conclusions. Spending time learning together in this way also lets them know that you value their thoughts, which encourages more creative ideas and helps their creative and emotional development.

Description and Message:
Does this make sense to anyone besides myself?

Do you think I am on the right track.

Thanks in anticipation.

Lorina

Re: Foster Childen's Aesthetic and Creative Development

Post by Lorina » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:17 pm

I think your response is fine. Very detailed and well explained! :thumbup:

:geek:,
L.A

muppyjane

Re: Foster Childen's Aesthetic and Creative Development

Post by muppyjane » Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:43 pm

Oh good, it made sense. Thanks muchly for the feedback.