Explain the concept of Intentional Teaching

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
P!nkswift

Explain the concept of Intentional Teaching

Post by P!nkswift » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:48 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Gather,interpret and use information about children
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Explain the concept of ‘intentional teaching’ in the context of an early childhood setting and how it relates to you observing children's development.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
what i have so far
In early childhood setting Intentional teaching is most successful & most appropriate if used with one or two individual children or small groups.
Intentional teaching embraces the child as an active learner assisted by practitioners who support, guide, challenge and extend learning.
Intentional teaching includes experiences that are pre-planned by practitioners in relation to a specific learning outcome.
Intentional teaching can be a useful tool for teaching children with additional needs who require a greater degree of adult support in order to achieve development goals.
Intentional teaching is also appropriate for older children who have an interest in particular topics requiring a degree of adult instruction to support their learning.

Description and Message:
I think im on the right track and just want to know what you all think..
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: intetional teaching

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:41 pm

Is your answer your words or copied from a source as it just reads too textbook-ish to me. Personally if I were marking this I would be a tad suspicious if this was your own work.

Also you have not answered the 2nd part of the question of how it relates to you observing children's development.

P!nkswift

Post by P!nkswift » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:50 pm

that is not my answer, they are just some points that was going to use to help me get any idea on how to answer the question ......

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Ok so how about you write your own answer & post that + what u think about the 2nd part of the question