establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
chlochlo

establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment for children

Post by chlochlo » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:53 pm

i have a question in one of my assignments for my diploma and im a little stuck
its in establish and maintain a healthy environment
the scenario is ...
i have been appointed autherised supervisor of a childrens service and the service has a bad reputation of poor hygiene and a reputation based on the number of children that have fallen ill while attending the centre or been absent due to falling ill , i have to have a full staff meeting to discuss my concerns
1. describe how you will identify the hazards andricsks which are contributing to giving your service its poor reputation prior to staff meeting
2. list the response required to address each of these hazards
3. describe how you will lead the staff meeting to facilitate developing a plan to address akk hazards and risks and the required response
4. explain the steps you would take to meet the following guidelines and how you would ensure that all caregivers also understand and adhere to them
a) infection control guidelines
b)positive practices in meeting childrens hygiene needs
c)hazardous substances and handling guidlines