Diversity Cluster CHC30113 & CHC50113 Early Childhood Education and Care Off-the-Job Assessment LA019676

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
JessicaRose

Diversity Cluster CHC30113 & CHC50113 Early Childhood Education and Care Off-the-Job Assessment LA019676

Post by JessicaRose » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:32 pm

Struggling with a few questions from this assignment. such as:

You are working in an Early Childhood Setting in your local community. It is your responsibility to ensure your program is inclusive of local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Culture.

Research your local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clan to answer the following (see video How to research Aboriginal Culture on OLS under ASSESSMENTS tab)

Describe how you would demonstrate respect and understanding of protocol when making connections with the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community.
The protocols I could find didn't make any sense to me/I couldn't comprehend them in this context.
I feel like perhaps it's just to literally show respect of their decision process but at the same time I don't think so, as I said i'm struggling to comprehend the information.

I also am struggling with this question from the case study (about an aboriginal child, Wini who feels like an outsider and is withdrawn and quiet after being corrected for her language many times):
List ways you could use the learning framework from your state in this situation to help Wini and her family?

"build upon culturally valued child rearing
practices and approaches to learning" is this statement from the EYLF for NSW correct?

Any/all help appreciated. Thank you :)