Diploma - Scenario: Curriculum Planning for Ava

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Educater
Participator
Participator

Diploma - Scenario: Curriculum Planning for Ava

Post by Educater » Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:04 am

hi guys ..i have finished my skill set one and i have got the next one...
just a few questions if anyone could help me out with...here they are

"Relationship with families are about commitment,trust, ethical practices, compassion and empathy".
1) Explain how each of the six factors identified in the above statment can be trasnslated into practic. Your rsponse should refer to the keyy documents that guide best practice in ECE.

"Parents are Valued as partners in caring for children and should be acknowledged as the child's primary carer."
2) Explain how this statement can be translated into workplace practices.?

Scenario
"Ava is almost three. She attends a child care centre near my office. It's great because i can pop in and have lunch with Ava a few times a week. The staff always makes me feel welcome. The centre has a sound academic program which i think is important. This week they are learnign about snails. They also have an axcellent music program which Ava loves. I want Ava to have a wide range of experiences and a good all round education do that when she leaves school she can make sound choices about her future.
1) how could practitioners involve Ava's mother in curriculum planning and goal setting for ava

plz post your ideas to help me out ..i have got heaps and heaps of scenarios and they all are so tough....i will try to solve sum until i am waiting for your response..thanks in advance to all the great members and helpers of this great website
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Diploma - Scenario: Curriculum Planning for Ava

Post by Lorina » Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:00 pm

Hi Nida,

Since I’m on a roll this arvo.. thought I’d help you out with this assignment as well ;)!
Relationship with families are about commitment,trust, ethical practices, compassion and empathy". Explain how each of the six factors identified in the above statement can be translated into practice. Your rsponse should refer to the key documents that guide best practice in ECE

- valuing the parent as the primary practitioner
- mutual respect
- working towards shared goals
- mutual co-operation
- considering the views of others
- open, two-way communication
- ensuring an equal balance of power in the relationship
- acknowledging the common goal of ensuring the best possible outcomes for the child
- sharing information about the child.

This is refereed in the Key Document “Frameworks for Learning” (page 6). [attachment=1]FrameWorks_For_Learning.pdf[/attachment]

Parents are Valued as partners in caring for children and should be acknowledged as the child's primary carer. 2) Explain how this statement can be translated into workplace practices?

Families are given clear information about their child by the service including regular information about their child’s experiences. They can participate in decision making about their child and aspects of the service that will affect their child such as policies and procedures.

Families are invited to share information about their child’s experiences and interests outside of the service.

Families are encouraged to discuss ideas, issues or concerns that they have with child care professionals and/or asked to provide feedback about the service, and this is valued and acted upon.

The service has an ‘open door’ policy, in which families are welcome to visit the service at any time.

This is refereed in a document called “Embracing Quality Childcare” (page 7). [attachment=0]embracing quality childcare.pdf[/attachment]

Scenario - 1) how could practitioners involve Ava's mother in curriculum planning and goal setting for ava

Talk to Ava’s mother about Ava’s interests.

Encourage Ava’s mother to participate in activities at the centre along with Ava.

Provide details of experiences she would like Ava to participate in.

Encourage Ava's mother to become involved in decisions such as policies and procedures.

You mentioned you had a lot f scenarios to complete... How are you going with your scenarios? Have you completed them all yet??

thanks in advance to all the great members and helpers of this great website

We are more than happy to help you out :D!

:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Diploma -work with families to provide appropriate care

Post by fchaudari76 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:57 pm

Came in here to answer your question but seems L.A... beat me to it... :lol:
I don't think I can really add anything

shell3

Post by shell3 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:49 pm

just called into the site for a quick look at the latest questions on the forum, thanks so much for those links, very useful information, thanks again

Educater
Participator
Participator

Post by Educater » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:46 pm

hi guys,

well thats true fefe that L.A is just so quick with her answers that sumtimes it makes u feel as if she is just waiting for sumbody to put up an question and she just comes running and quickly answers it off....i fink u rock....real hard social worker...really do appreciate ur help greately...

well u asked wether i have finishhed my other scenarios ....really havn't even read throug em...i have got real hectic routine and even now put my kids too sleep after having a real hard day and forcely awoke my self up so that i can use few hours to study..i love studying but just really hard to take out time from work,family,kids, + weekend classes i give for girls and womens...so thats why so much to do...
well next week i have got few holidays so i will catch up with my work..
right now so sleepy but having a cup of coffee and doing the work..and will be working ...until 12 00....now its about to be 8...so will finish up somework...wt ever will not be able to figure out..i'll post it up...so be ready to help me out...hehehe
thanks guys..

REET

Post by REET » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:19 pm

hi i am a diploma student i searching for the help and saw this sight which really helps me alot thaks evryone.
i have heaps of questions if someone can help plz.

practioners must be able to establish effective relationships with adults from diverse social and cultural backgrounds
Q) explain how this statement can be translated into workplace practices.

i have these two scenarios as well
pj
Pj nearly five. he is been goin to local child care centre for about four and half years. its good for him. he gets to play with toys and the teachers read to him every day. he loves books we havent got much and some of the people around here are a bit rough- they fight and swear and you know, drink too much. i want him to have a good education so he can get good job and not have to live in a place like this. yeah, that's what i want for him
Q) what might be the difference to PJ's life chances simply because he attends child care?

kirra
kirra is two. she was born at 26 weeks and was in the NICU for a long time. i remember she was so tiny. i was afraid to touch her. she has some brain damages and is a slow learners. she is only been walking for 6 months, and she still so tiny for her age. she goes to the specail education centre four days a week. i go with her on wednesday and the teachers show me how i can help her to learn things. sometimes at night i still cry for her. i just want her to be like all the kids, but i know thats not going to happen. i m scared about her future. what if something happens to me or her father. who will look after her?
Q) if kirra were to transition to a mainstream early childhood service in the future what support might her family need?

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:27 pm

Reet you need to start your own new topic
If you just add your questions on to old posts of other peoples questions you most likely will not get much help
Please read the forum rules & regs before posting.

AJAY THACKER

Post by AJAY THACKER » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:19 pm

Hi

I am stuck on below question. If anyone can help me please.

Why is it important for the child to invite the carer to participate in the activity and on other occasions for the educator to initiate play?

Can anyone help me please.

Regards

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:00 pm

Could it be to build relationships, to extend on learning, to engage in play etc.

Lorina

AJAY THACKER

Post by AJAY THACKER » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:48 pm

Thanks a lot Lorina,

Regards

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:36 pm

You're welcome!