diploma children services

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
marwaosz94

diploma children services

Post by marwaosz94 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:31 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC505A SUPPORTING COMPETENCE
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
hey I was just wondering if anyone is able to help me with this question.
record a number of incidental learning opportunities that you were able to engage in to support the child cognitive development
reflection:
how did these incidental opportunities arise-what alerted you to these "teachable moments?
how did the children respond?
what were you able to discover about children learning at these times that you might otherwise have missed or overlooked?
in what ways have your interaction improved your skills/knowledge as a practitioner?
thanks in advance

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I got nothing so far

Description and Message:

Lorina

Re: diploma children services

Post by Lorina » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:12 am

You need to think of an experience where you supported a child with their cognitive development and then reflect back on it. For example; if you are singing 5 cheeky monkeys during group time you could extend this further by teaching children to count, recognise numbers etc. This is part of using cognitive development...

Hope this gives you an idea,

:geek:,
L.A

marwaosz94

Re: diploma children services

Post by marwaosz94 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:32 am

Sweet, thanks for the help