Diploma CHCIC501A

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Diploma CHCIC501A

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:01 pm

This is the Assignment & I do not know but I just am stuck, not sure which would be the best barrier to choose (you'll see what I mean once you read the question) & not sure where to get information from!

COAG (2009:1) agreed on 7 broad outcomes as a part of the National Early Childhood Development Strategy - Investing in the early years. One of these outcomes was
'quality early childhood development services support the workforce participation choices of families"

Barriers in achieving this outcome include issues of affordability of care;access to care, esp in rural & remote regions; care for children with additional needs and care for disadvantaged children; availability of qualified EC staff and access to care that is flexible in meeting the families' needs.

Your Task
Investigate one of the barriers to achieving this COAG outcome. You should:
a. Identify & explain the barrier - why it exists, the historical context & contributing factors
b. Explore the steps that would need to be undertaken to remove or minimise this barrier
c. What are the long-term consequences to the provision of ECE if this barrier cannot be satisfactorily addressed?
d. Write a conclusion to your investigation

NOTE: You will need to research this task by exploring a range of sources which must be referenced in your presentation

-------------------------------------------------------------
any help would be appreciated

Thanks

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Diploma CHCIC501A

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:37 pm

hello anyone??

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:09 pm

Hi FeFe,

I have read your assignment question and it's a little complicated but I'm trying my best to try and help you out.... From what I understand you just need to research one of the "barriers" that is listed and provide the answers to the questions on that specific "barrier" which you choose. I did some research of my own and for this assignment the best barrier to choose I reckon is "cost of childcare". This is because I think this is the easiest one you can find information on and if you can find information on it then stick to it!!!

I am providing you with some info I found and I hope that you will be able to answer the questions...

1: Parents to quit, delay kids over rising cost of childcare

2: State of Child Care In Australia

3: Child Care Benefit

I am also providing you with the National Early Developmental Strategy...

Hopefully this info will help you with your assignment... if you have any more questions or need more help let me know so we can try and work this assignment out..

:geek:,
L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:23 pm

thanks so much, I have found a whole load of stats and things too but I have been really ill since yesterday and just have not found the time to sit and go through it all.
once I am better i will get started on it

once again thanks

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:48 am

Must be on the right track since I had already saved a few things that you gave me links too... hopefully can knock this assignment out quickly ... not even sure how long or short it should be.... they really need to start putting word limits on answers, least it gives u an idea of how much to write!

kimmy

Post by kimmy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:41 pm

Hi everyone , I am doing my Diploma CHC5098 from home external Tafe QLD and i am stuck on CHCI510A Establish and implement plans for developing cooperative behaviour assignment, Would anyone have a sample to get me started assessment task 1 written assesment. Any help please would be great i am working and study time is limited.

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:54 pm

Hi Kimmy, Can you please start a new topic for your question...
Would anyone have a sample to get me started assessment task 1 written assesment.
I don't understand what are you asking for exactly? Are you looking for a sample of someone's assignment that they answered for this particular question? Please note that we do not encourage sharing of assignments but we can help you out if you are stuck on something. Just create a new topic...

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:14 pm

Kimmy
I have just completed this assignment and can help you but I do not understand what you mean as a sample to get you started.
If you start a new thread and make it clear where you require assistance I am happy to help
From what I remember of this unit it pretty much revolves around you observing and implementing behaviour plans for a child with behaviour issues ... I think the 1st assignment merely wants background info on the child and what the childs problems are and your discussions about this particular child with other staff etc
However I am doing my assignments as an existing worker so I do not know if my assignment is different compared to someone who is not an existing worker.
Anyway start a new topic & i will help u where I can

kimmy

Post by kimmy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:35 pm

HI , i cant identify and list the indicators to establish sara behaviour was stress=related

kimmy

Re: Diploma CHC5098

Post by kimmy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:52 pm

Sara 2 years has been attending the centre for six months . She settled well into the 0-2 room, relates appropriately with her peers and gets on well with the carers. Sara has always brought a blanket to the centre and when she first came she carried it around with her all the tine . Afer a few months Saras was happy for her blanket to remain in her bag until she was tired or upset. Yesterday, while playing in block corner, sara suddly bit kim who was sitting next to her. SAra and kim had been involved in parallel play with the blocks and there were plenty of blocks to go around. They had not been interacting withone another prior to sara biting kim.
Last edited by kimmy on Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kimmy

Post by kimmy » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:58 pm

question; identify and list the indicators that would help me establish that sara's behaviour was stress-related.? Maybe physical aggression because tired or frustration out buts lack of communication skills

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:42 pm

hmmm ok your assignment is very different compared to mine

Some stress indicators in children are -
Hitting, Anger, Kicking, Insomnia, Appetite Loss , Indigestion,Biting,Crying Spells, Grinding Teeth,Detachment Fingernail Biting, Excessive Aggressiveness etc
Even changes in bowel movements etc can be down to stress sometimes.
The fact that Sara has settled into the room and then suddenly bites a child that she had not been interating with is a big sign of something wrong.
This would have to be kept an eye on and perhaps talk to the parents to find out if anything in Saras life has changed at home as I am assuming from the info that things are fine at the centre

kimmy

Post by kimmy » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:56 pm

thanks for your help fefe76 kind regards kimmy

kimmy

Post by kimmy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:03 pm

Hi i am confused can anyone help? please explain to me how i am able to distinguish between stress-related behaviour and socially and developmentally inappropriate behaviour?

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:46 pm

http://www.mesacc.edu/dept/d46/psy/dev/ ... riate.html

I mentioned stress indicators before ... depending on the age group they can be developmentally inappropriate behaviour or stress

Basically there are certain behaviours that are expected in a child of X age if a child not within that age range are displaying such behaviours it would be developmentally inappropriate eg 6 year old having a tantrum and throwing himself to the ground... u expect this from a toddler or 3 yr old NOT a 6 year old

a 3 year old acting up is developmentally appropriate ... but if they are biting constantly that would be stress related

The above link will give you an idea of appropriate behaviours

I did a search for developmentally appropriate behaviour and a heap of stuff came up, I am sure it will give you an indication of what it is.

hope this helps

kimmy

Post by kimmy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:09 pm

Thanks fefe76 kind regards great help

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:33 pm

No problem, glad to help where I can

A simple Google search usually uncovers a lot of info, enough to give you and idea and steer you in the right direction anyway...so when in doubt, Google it LOL
:o)

It has been said a few times Kimmy, don't overthink the question, usually the simplest response is the correct one, unfortunatly the assignments are occassionally worded in such a way we think the answer must be more complicated and complex than what we believe it to be but it never is! Even my TAFE tutor said to me bullet point anything u can ...keep it as simple as possible as the people who mark are not going to read through pages and pages of your answer. She said the assignments are written in childcare techical jargon which makes it difficult to understand and sometimes this causes people to misunderstand what is being asked of them!
Don't know where u r doing your studies through but BNIT is now re-wording some of its assignments to more student-friendly language

kimmy

Post by kimmy » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:03 pm

Thanks it gets sp confusing they way they word it . I will keep it simple thanks agian

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:38 pm

no probs
good luck with it

biancanadine

Post by biancanadine » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:58 pm

I am doing the same assignment currently and am stuck I have chosen to do the
care of children with additional needs any tips or help with any of the questions would be greatly appreciated :)