Diploma: CHCCN511A

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
parkk1

Diploma: CHCCN511A

Post by parkk1 » Tue May 10, 2011 10:10 pm

Hello,

Firstly I am sooo glad i found this site! It has been a huge help with my Diploma which i should have complete by the end of this month (fingers crossed).

Anyway I am hoping someone can help me with this assessment as I have been stuck all day and just dont seem to be getting anywhere.. So here is it:

Reports of abuse and neglect of children are continuing to increase each year in Australia. Extreme cases of neglect causing death and violence causing death continue to occur in our society.

Social issues such as poverty, homelessness, social isolation within the community, poor access to services such as medical care, good quality affordable child care for children under the age of two years and parenting programs all contibute to child abuse.

Family issues such as poor parenting role models, lack of family support, inter-generational cycle of abuse, violence in relationships, drug addition, poor mental health and poor education are also significant casual factors in the abuse of children.

Investigate the critical role of early childhood services as an effective preventative strategy in relation to child abuse and neglect. You should explore:

a. The role Early Childhood services can play in supporting families

b. The role Early Childhood services can play in improving the quality life of children at risk of abuse

Reference: National Child Protection Clearinghouse - http://www.aifs.gov.au/nch/

Any help with this assessment would be great, thank you in advance!

Lorina

Re: Diploma: CHCCN511A

Post by Lorina » Sat May 14, 2011 1:24 pm

Hi Parkk1,

I checked out the reference link you provided at the bottom of your post to see if I could find any information that would help you out with this assignment. I was able to find some info in regards to your first question (although it was tough to find), however with the second question I couldn't find any info on that particular site. So I just came up with a few ideas.

Hopefully this should help you out:

a. The role Early Childhood services can play in supporting families

1) Offer parent education programs that promote caring and positive parenting.
2) Assist parents in developing parenting skills.
3) Increase parental knowledge of child development.
4) Developing awareness between physical abuse and discipline.

b. The role Early Childhood services can play in improving the quality life of children at risk of abuse

1) Promote healthy relatinships between individuals and families.
2) Enable child to take control of their health and social well being.
3) Create an environment in which all children have opportunities to reach their potential.
4) Provide information and details on helplines and telephone counseling services for children, young people and parents.

Good Luck!

:geek:,
L.A

parkk1

Re: Diploma: CHCCN511A

Post by parkk1 » Sat May 14, 2011 2:10 pm

Thank u thank u thank u!!! Xx :-)