Differences Between Disruptive Behaviours & Behaviour Of Concerns

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
li_bar

Differences Between Disruptive Behaviours & Behaviour Of Concerns

Post by li_bar » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:38 pm

Hi,

I need to write what differences between disruptive behaviours and ‘behaviours of concern' are.

I know what each one refers to and the only difference that I can think of is that disruptive behaviours is more advanced as it can be dangerous both for and the child and for the other children.

Can you help me in finding more differences? I have tried Google it but without luck.

Thanks.

Lorina

Re: Differences Between Disruptive Behaviours & Behaviour Of Concerns

Post by Lorina » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:03 pm

Disruptive behaviour is defined as behaviours that hamper the ability of instructors to teach and students to learn. Common examples of disruptive behaviours include, but are not limited to: Eating in class. Ringing cell phone. Monopolizing classroom discussions.

and

A behaviour of concern refers to any behaviour that causes physical harm to the person with a disability or another person, or destroying property resulting in the risk of harm to the person or any other person.

Hope this helps.

:geek:,
Lorina