Designing The Learning Environment

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Jasmin24

Designing The Learning Environment

Post by Jasmin24 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:51 pm

Hi i am finding it hard to do project task 1b design the learning environment
1 provide a rationale for your design
2 explain how you have applied piagets therory in your selection of materials and equipment in the design
3 what safety considerations have you applied in your design
4 how do the spaces encourage self-help and independence of children
5 applying vygotskys theory what spaces will facilitate the educator to scaffold children's learning
6 choose a space from your layout name the spaces and indentify links to the eylf include links principles practices and learning outcomes

I hope you can help me with this ❤️❤️

cheekymonkeys1

Re: Designing The Learning Environment

Post by cheekymonkeys1 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:10 pm

HI....

I have already finished this task and same questions LOL..

before this task we needed to design a indoor playing area for this task now...

I can share some information with you from my knowledge, hope i am on the right track..

Feed back plz....

Provide a rationale for your design
I. To support my design we need to create an atmosphere that is welcoming, inviting and engaging. Where they can develop their skills and interests and become independent and confident learners. The environment will create a happy, safe and feeling comfort in a place where all different type of age of children belongs. In my design I have created a lot of activities for the children that includes the following...
II. Having a large open space where can children to play together and having time out for them self and running around without getting hurt. There are Tables, chairs, shelves and mats where all the activities go. For guideless to support the children I have used mats where the children can spot their favourite activities and there are able to focus and concentrate. Materials can be used for the children: pencils, coloured pencils, crayons, paints, chalks… can be used for colouring books, puzzles and educational book-toys and other materials.
III. Safety: Children having access to furniture and materials and equipment suitable for the educational program. Enough toys for each child to play with. Furniture and equipment are safe, clean and well maintained. Educators should follow the rules before staring the programs for the children. Having safe shelving and storage areas from which children can access equipment for their ages. having a safe environment where all the children and safe.
IV. Children using a range of natural, recycled and simple homemade materials to support their learning. Children need to interact and explore with their surroundings, to make meaning and knowledge through their experiences, social interactions and negotiations with others. An environment that is safe, attractive and comfortable will allow the children to engage in the experiences that are offered.
V. Vygotsky: problem-solving and self-help skills. This allows the child to learn and experience things on their own and problem solving such as riding a bike or reading a book. that when the educator comes in and helps the child to understand and learn them the right way. That will make the child feel supported and encourage the child to learn more.
VI. Paper Play Dough: EYLF Outcomes: 1: Developing knowledge and self-confidence through new skill development, manipulating Play-Dough and utensils. 2: sharing materials and experiences 3: fine motor skills through Play-Dough. 4: Developing creativity, imagination, enthusiasm, confidence and persistence through creating with Play-Dough. Following direction to helping create the dough.
Play and create with the dough.
Listen and follow directions, ask questions.
Manipulation of the dough, rip the paper in pieces, spoon movement.
Play with others / share the play dough

Lorina

Re: Designing The Learning Environment

Post by Lorina » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:18 am

Provide a rationale for your design
I. To support my design we need to create an atmosphere that is welcoming, inviting and engaging. Where they can develop their skills and interests and become independent and confident learners. The environment will create a happy, safe and feeling comfort in a place where all different type of age of children belongs. In my design I have created a lot of activities for the children that includes the following...
II. Having a large open space where can children to play together and having time out for them self and running around without getting hurt. There are Tables, chairs, shelves and mats where all the activities go. For guideless to support the children I have used mats where the children can spot their favourite activities and there are able to focus and concentrate. Materials can be used for the children: pencils, coloured pencils, crayons, paints, chalks… can be used for colouring books, puzzles and educational book-toys and other materials.
III. Safety: Children having access to furniture and materials and equipment suitable for the educational program. Enough toys for each child to play with. Furniture and equipment are safe, clean and well maintained. Educators should follow the rules before staring the programs for the children. Having safe shelving and storage areas from which children can access equipment for their ages. having a safe environment where all the children and safe.
IV. Children using a range of natural, recycled and simple homemade materials to support their learning. Children need to interact and explore with their surroundings, to make meaning and knowledge through their experiences, social interactions and negotiations with others. An environment that is safe, attractive and comfortable will allow the children to engage in the experiences that are offered.
V. Vygotsky: problem-solving and self-help skills. This allows the child to learn and experience things on their own and problem solving such as riding a bike or reading a book. that when the educator comes in and helps the child to understand and learn them the right way. That will make the child feel supported and encourage the child to learn more.
VI. Paper Play Dough: EYLF Outcomes: 1: Developing knowledge and self-confidence through new skill development, manipulating Play-Dough and utensils. 2: sharing materials and experiences 3: fine motor skills through Play-Dough. 4: Developing creativity, imagination, enthusiasm, confidence and persistence through creating with Play-Dough. Following direction to helping create the dough.
Play and create with the dough.
Listen and follow directions, ask questions.
Manipulation of the dough, rip the paper in pieces, spoon movement.
Play with others / share the play dough
I think it's well thought out and a good response! :thumbup:

:geek:,
Lorina