creative approaches to routines

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Jelly73

creative approaches to routines

Post by Jelly73 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:41 pm

Hi guys
I'm really stuck on a question that asks to "plan & provide an active environment that fosters creative approaches to routines".
I'm thinking along the lines of how we can change our ways of stacking cups at mealtimes without them falling over etc. I'm probably way off track but I've got nothing else lol sorry.
I need to provide 3 environments.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

panga38
Helper
Helper

Re: creative approaches to routines

Post by panga38 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:14 pm

No you are not. I would to hear more about what you do with the cups and why? Sound like an interesting example;I once changed my down -story time activity to a lie down with your favourite pillow/ comforter , I made sure I bring a large cushion for me too and we had a non sit down-carpet time/ story time. It was fabulous! Kids engaged better and they loved it. Home time is another routine you could tweak, for example, as kids waited for the bus, we used it a wind down transition time when they play an I wonder game. Do not over think it, keep it simple!
XOXO!

Jelly73

Re: creative approaches to routines

Post by Jelly73 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:25 pm

Thankyou so so much, like I said I really do appreciate it. Your answers are perfect, I wouldn't have thought of anything lol you're right tho, I do tend to overthink things lol.