Contemporary Theories About Children's Learning

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Nikki1978

Contemporary Theories About Children's Learning

Post by Nikki1978 » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:17 pm

Question : How can you use contemporary theories about childhood learning to promote and encourage a child's agency in a centre that has implemented the EYLF?

Can anyone please help me. I need to write 500 words and I am not to sure if I am on the right track...
So far I have explained that:
The EYLF tells us that agency refers to children being able to make choices and decisions to influence events and have an impact on ones world. This is an important sense for children to develop.
EYLF’s Learning Outcomes recognise that children develop their emerging autonomy, inter-dependence, resilience and sense of agency. Children take increasing responsibility for their own health and physical wellbeing and children are confident and involved learners.
Many contemporary theories such as Piaget promote and encourage a child's agency along with the EYLF.
Piaget (1973) believed that the child plays an active role in the growth of intelligence and learns by doing. He believed that children have the freedom to explore and construct knowledge through their own participation in their learning.

Now do I explain what educators would do to promote children's agency ?? so confused :sweating:

Thanks for your help !!!

Lorina

Re: Contemporary Theories About Children's Learning

Post by Lorina » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:15 am

Yes I think you're on the right track with your response. Yes, it will be a good idea to include how educators promote a sense of agency and how it links to theorists. The following may help:

Promote Independence and Agency
Understanding Sense Of Agency

:geek:,
Lorina

Nikki1978

Post by Nikki1978 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:33 am

:D Thank you so much Lorina !

Rencia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rencia » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:00 pm

I know this post is old but the links provided by you Lorina are very helpful and give me lots of ideas to finish my question :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:24 am

Rencia wrote:I know this post is old but the links provided by you Lorina are very helpful and give me lots of ideas to finish my question :)
Thanks! Great to hear I was able to help! :thumbup:

:geek:,
Lorina