CHCSAC005 - Foster the Holistic Development and Wellbeing of the Child in Early Childhood

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
sharnae.hilton

CHCSAC005 - Foster the Holistic Development and Wellbeing of the Child in Early Childhood

Post by sharnae.hilton » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:19 pm

Hi !

One of my assignment questions asks "Research Vygotsky's theory in relation to language development. Summarise the theory and then explain how this will affect your practices as an educator".
I can't quite find any information specifically related to language development. Could someone please point me in the right direction ?

Thank you.

enanela

Re: CHCSAC005 - Foster the Holistic Development and Wellbeing of the Child in Early Childhood

Post by enanela » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:46 pm

Vygotsky’s theory of Socio-Cultural Theory of Cognitive Development explains how social interactions and language are a major influence on the development of children’s thinking. Vygotsky discussed the four mental functions: attention, sensation, perception and memory and by increased social interactions these functions are developed further. Vygotsky also discussed the importance of inner speech where children talk through problems with themselves to either solve or make sense of.