CHCRF511A WORK IN PARTNERSHIP WITH FAMILIES TO PROVIDE WITH FAMILIES TO PROVIDE APPROPRIATE CARE FOR CHILDREN

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Tabitha

CHCRF511A WORK IN PARTNERSHIP WITH FAMILIES TO PROVIDE WITH FAMILIES TO PROVIDE APPROPRIATE CARE FOR CHILDREN

Post by Tabitha » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:47 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: Ben senario
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
1. Identify the steps you will take to enrol this child. This should include:
Questions you will ask?
Questions parents may ask?
Points of agreement
Points of disagreement
Points that are non negotiable
Identify reasons that some items are not able to be negotiated (legal, organisation’s policy)

2. Develop a collaborative plan to ensure that Ben’s transition into childcare is as smooth as possible for him and his family.
What do you need to consider? Parents feeling, child’s needs etc.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Questions you can ask Ben's Parents, Mr and Mrs Evans would be:
What does Ben like to do? What does Ben dislike to do? What are Ben’s other strengths?
Has Ben got any other areas that need attention? What are Ben’s interests? What are Ben's dislikes?
Has Ben got any other allergies or intolerances, be it food or environmental (insects, Pollens from plants and/or flowers)?
Is it just egg that causes Ben to have an allergic reaction or food that contains egg?
Are there any medical conditions to be aware of?
Are there any cultural and/or religious rituals to be aware of? ( prayer time, not eating certain foods due to religious beliefs etc)

Questions The parents, Mr and Mrs Evans, may ask:
How many children are in the room with Ben? How many staff are in the room Ben will be in? Do we need to pack spare clothing?
Does the centre provide meals or do we pack lunches and snacks for Ben? What are some of the activities the children do and what do they learn/ skills work on? What training do the staff have?

A point of agreement could be for Ben to bring his lunch with him, to avoid any egg related allergic reactions.

A point of disagreement I see is that Ben's mother does not want him to sleep in the day, I believe that if the child needs a rest to let them rest.

no idea for question 2

Description and Message:
Hi,

I would like to know if I'm on the right track for question 1, and if I have missed anything.

I have no idea about question 2 and would appreciate any pointers into the right direction.

Thank you for your time

Tabitha

Lorina

Re: CHCRF511A WORK IN PARTNERSHIP WITH FAMILIES TO PROVIDE WITH FAMILIES TO PROVIDE APPROPRIATE CARE FOR CHILDREN

Post by Lorina » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:07 am

I am sorry but I dont know what scenario you are referring too. Can you briefly describe the scenario so I can gain a better understanding of your responses...

:geek:,
L.A