CHCRF511A - Scenarios on Social Justice

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

CHCRF511A - Scenarios on Social Justice

Post by sherry.mcc » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:45 am

Hello, I need help with a scenarios and social justice. Long scenarios so will make them short.
DECLINING CIRSUMSTANCES-dad & mum enjoyed an affluent lifestyle birth of third child who has multiple disabilities. Mum gave up work to care for child & dad retrenched when child 3 months old & has no prospect of getting another job and has turned to alcohol and is depressed. Have huge mortgage.
BATTLERS-both come from unemployed families and want to get ahead so children have better life. Dad works 3 part-time jobs. Mum casual in factory. Impossible to save, both work long hours. Mum offered full-time job but by time paid childcare fees would be no better off financially.
Question 1-Relate the above family situations to issues of social justice
I have put-Recognition of the rights & dignity of all individuals. Equality of opportunity in education & employment for all.??????????????????????? I am not sure if these answers are what they want
Question-2 Explain why quality early childhood education must include services to support families.
???????????Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCRF511A - Scenarios on Social Justice

Post by Lorina » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:41 pm

Hi Sherry,

Tough assignment you have... don't worry I'm sure we can work it out... Here are some ideas:

Question 1-Relate the above family situations to issues of social justice

From what I understand social justice is concerned with equal justice, not just in the courts, but in all aspects of society. This concept demands that people have equal rights and opportunities; everyone, from the poorest person on the margins of society to the wealthiest deserves social justice. In saying this, you're on the right track with what you answered for this question.

Question-2 Explain why quality early childhood education must include services to support families.

Parents, today as in the past, want their children to succeed in school and in life. However, social and economic changes make it increasingly difficult for parents to provide the support that children need. “The loss of community, the increased fragmentation of family life, the competing, often conflicting pressures” in parents’ daily lives (Boyer, 1991, p. 4) confront families as they raise their children. Parents often lack traditional support networks (e.g., spouse, extended family, neighborhood, church/synagogue) and experience feelings of isolation in carrying out the responsibilities of parenthood. In the face of such social change, schools and child care programs become increasingly important as sources of support for the family as well as for the child.

Have a great weekend :)!

:geek:,
L.A

sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

Post by sherry.mcc » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:58 pm

Thank you for your help. Really appreciate it. :P

sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

Post by sherry.mcc » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:12 am

RS006 Children, families and social justice
Hi,
I need help with this topic.

b. Identify and describe your target group.
My target group is domestic violence

c. Investigate the implications for children and families - life chances, access to health care, education, food and shelter, quality of life/wellbeing
Does question refer to my target group or is it about people in general.
Thank you for any help.
Sherry

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:55 am

Hey Sherry.mcc,

I think question c refers to your target group which is domestic violence. So, in your response I'm pretty sure you discuss and investigate the implications domestic violence has on children and families. I am also attaching a document I have which provides information on this issue.

[attachment=0]children&domesticviolence.pdf[/attachment]
Hopefully this should give you an idea on what to include in your response,

Cheers :geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sherry.mcc
Helper
Helper

Post by sherry.mcc » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:17 pm

Dear L.A.
Thank you for your help and the download.
Cheers Sherry :thumbup:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:38 pm

Hey Sherry,

No worries...happy to help! :thumbup:

Cheers :geek:,
L.A