CHCPR509A Child development knowledge in Observation and Planning

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kessie

CHCPR509A Child development knowledge in Observation and Planning

Post by kessie » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:27 am

Hi All,
I have a question I am struggling to get into a sentence that makes sense. I get the gist of the answer but cannot verbalise it without waffling on. Any help is appreciated.

"What role does child develoment knowledge play in observation and planning for development?
Thanks!!!

Module: CHCPR509A Gather, interpret and use information about children

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCPR509A Child development knowledge in Observation and Planning

Post by catchmeifucan » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:13 am

hi kessie,
I get the gist of the answer but cannot verbalise it without waffling on.

I know what you mean...sometimes it can be hard to put your answer in proper words. lol...Can you tell us what you have got so far? post your answer and we will give you tips on how you can improve it..dont worry even if you think you may be wrong. we can help you from there. :thumbup:

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:29 am

I did a quick search in this site and I will give you some links i found that may help you. Have a read to see if it helps and you can also try searching this site since we might have discussed similar topics before.

1) Programming and Planning - (this is the old version. Not the eylf)

2) EYLF Curriculum Planning & Documentation - (you can read the section on Child directed observation)

3) Observation methods

4) Assignment help observations

kessie

Post by kessie » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:56 am

Thanks for the links - will look into them shortly. They will be really useful for my other questions also!!
What I have got is:
To plan and obseve effectively practitioners document and use information about children using thier professional skills and knowledge to interpret imformation. Having the necessary knowledge on children we would know what is to be expected of them at various ages regarding their behaviour, skills and abilities and knowledge. With professional knowledge pratitioners can recognise subtle signs and ways that children let us know what they want and what they are interested in learning about. Pratitioners with the ability to interact effectively with children are able to enhance and challange their learning.
Having an understading of children's developemnt theories, their learing styles and dispositions and the influence of social and cultural backgrounds and the value of children's play all assisits us as practitioners to plan our curriculum and make decsisions reagrding children's leanring.

Do you think this covers the question or have I gone off the topic????? Thanks so much for your time Catch Me!!

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:26 am

kessie wrote:Thanks for the links - will look into them shortly. They will be really useful for my other questions also!!
What I have got is:
To plan and obseve effectively practitioners document and use information about children using thier professional skills and knowledge to interpret imformation. Having the necessary knowledge on children we would know what is to be expected of them at various ages regarding their behaviour, skills and abilities and knowledge. With professional knowledge pratitioners can recognise subtle signs and ways that children let us know what they want and what they are interested in learning about. Pratitioners with the ability to interact effectively with children are able to enhance and challange their learning.
Having an understading of children's developemnt theories, their learing styles and dispositions and the influence of social and cultural backgrounds and the value of children's play all assisits us as practitioners to plan our curriculum and make decsisions reagrding children's leanring.

Do you think this covers the question or have I gone off the topic????? Thanks so much for your time Catch Me!!
Hi Kessie, It's a very thoughtful answer. You have covered the question really well and you've clearly described ""What role does child develoment knowledge play in observation and planning for development." However just re-read your answer and correct the grammer mistakes...Thats all.

kessie

Post by kessie » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:59 am

Using spell check throughout assignments I have got very lazy with checking typos and spelling errors - Thanks again for your help!!!!