CHCIC501A - Evaluation Tool That Examines An Aspect Of Service Delivery

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Fang28

CHCIC501A - Evaluation Tool That Examines An Aspect Of Service Delivery

Post by Fang28 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:09 pm

Hi, I am struggling doing this unit. Can anyone study the deploma help me to do this unit? Could you please give me some ideas and examples of Assignment 1? I am really frustrated of doing it.

Thanks a lot

Fang28
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCIC501A - Evaluation Tool That Examines An Aspect Of Service Delivery

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:23 pm

No worries.. Im happy to help you out but what's the question?

Fang28

Post by Fang28 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:43 pm

" manage children's services workplace practice to address regulations and quality assurance"
It says: you are required to document a range of interactions and/or experiences that demonstrate competence in each of the descriptors listed below. Evidence may consist of anecdote, narrative, evaluation, photographs, testimonials or work samples.
Skills:
1. develop an evaluation tool that examines an aspect of service delivery
2. administer an evaluation tool to stakeholders
3. analyse an evalution tool and provide a report to relevant stakeholders
4. make recommendations for continous improvement in relation to an aspect of service delivery

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Hey Fang28,

No wonder you’re having trouble…what a tough question…especially for a first assignment… From the top of my head I can give you some ideas about the first question BUT I’m not sure of the others. Don’t worry, I will try and find out in the next couple of days with the rest because I’m not sure and I don’t want to give you the wrong info…

I have an idea on the first question. When it talks about “aspects of service delivery”, try to think about what a childcare service offers and provide evidence that supports this such as:

1. develop an evaluation tool that examines an aspect of service delivery:

• A copy of the center’s philosophy.
• A copy of the center’s policies and procedures.
• A copy of the daily routine.
• Programming and planning documentation.
• Photos of Parent information displays.
• Photos of Staff notice boards.
• Staff professional development and training course information.
• A copy of Parent handbook.
• Weekly menu.
• Brochures/Pamphlets that describe the hours the centre opens, what the centre offers, what parents can expect from the centre etc.
• A list of Resources and equipment the centre provides.
• Parent Feedback/Questionnaires/Surveys.
• Minutes from Staff Meetings.

Now I’m not 100% sure if it’s correct but when I read the question this is what I understand from it….

Like I said I’ll let you know once I find out more info about the other questions.

By the way, do you have any materials/books provided by your educational institution? If so did you have a read through it too see if you’re able to find the info you need?

Do you work in a childcare centre?

:geek:,
L.A

Fang28

Post by Fang28 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:56 pm

Hi, L.A,
Thanks for your help.
I've got a few books about the course. QIAS, frameworks for learning and development, but I can't find the materials which is related to this kind of questions. I am working in a childcare centre now.
Kind regards

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:21 pm

Hi Fang,

Just thought I'd let you know I'm currently following up on the questions you asked so I should have some more info for you in the next couple of days.... when is your assignment due? When I did my diploma I didn't have this assignment you're doing so that's why I have to follow it up (i've had my diploma for a long time).

Have you asked some of the staff you worked with (even the director) about your question...I'm sure they should be able to help you out...coz it seems like the evidence you need you will have to get it from your centre...

I'll let you know once I find out...

:geek:,
L.A

mumof2

Post by mumof2 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:58 am

I am stuck on this assignment too. I don't really know what I am supposed to submit. L.A, I think your ideas are great but I personally can't see the relevance to: Develop an evaluation tool that examines an aspect of service delivery. Can someone please help me too.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:26 pm

Hey Fang & Mumof2,

Bit of a toughie you guys have with that question…they are definitely going into details nowadays. Here’s what I think…

1. develop an evaluation tool that examines an aspect of service delivery

Focus on a certain aspect of what the service offers and create a survey or questionnaire based on what you choose. For example “Cultural Diversity”. Some questions you can include on the questionnaire can be:

1) Do you feel as if the centre is acceptable amongst other cultures? Why/Why not?
2) What is your family’s multicultural background?
3) Were your children born in Australia?
4) Do you speak another language besides English at home?
5) Are you happy with the amount of cultural celebrations we include onto our program? Why/Why not?
6) Do you feel multiculturalism is important to your child?
7) Would you give permission for your child to celebrate cultural festivities/holidays? Why/Why not?
8) Have you got any suggestions as to what activities from your country we can onto the program?
9) Would you be able to provide as with resources from your culture if necessary?
10) Are you willing to come into the centre and talk to the children about your culture?
11) Are you able to provide the centre with books, music, recipes, pictures etc. in which we could display in our centre?
12) Please provide us with a date of a festival that you would like us to include into our program.

2. administer an evaluation tool to stakeholders

Once you have created your questionnaire/survey give it to families at the centre, staff, casual staff, head office, management, etc. for them to fill out and return back to you. Now not all the questions can be filled out from all stakeholders especially if they don’t have a child attending the centre however they still can fill out most parts of it. In the introduction part of the survey you can just write something like (answer the questions which are relevant to you).

3. analyse an evalution tool and provide a report to relevant stakeholders

Once all the questionnaires/surveys have been returned to you, provide a brief summary on what you have found out and put this information in the newsletter, parent communication book, verbal conversation etc…For example:

• Out of 60 surveys that were returned, over half had a multicultural background.
• Out of this half, 20 of the children were born overseas, mainly in the South East Asia and European Countries.
• The families with a multicultural background almost all except 10; spoke a different language at home.
• All families had said that our centre is very acceptable amongst other cultures as we are a multicultural diverse centre. Although a few said that they would like to see more involvement from the centre in cultural festivities and decorations around the room.
• All families also agreed that multiculturalism is important to their children because Australia is such a multicultural society.
• All children were given informal permission to celebrate all cultural days and festivities that will be happening at the centre.

4. make recommendations for continous improvement in relation to an aspect of service delivery.

With the information you had received back from the survey think of ways of incorporating it into the centre. For example:

• Children will learn a multicultural song or dance during the week.
• A multicultural art n craft will be included into the program at least once a week.
• A cultural game will be played and taught to the children during the week.
• A cultural corner will be produced, which will display objects from different cultures as well as photos from around the world and children’s families.
• Multicultural food will be included fortnightly afternoon tea preparations.
• Put up welcoming signs in different languages around the door.
• Multicultural song to be published in newsletter as well as upcoming multicultural festivities.

I really hope that this helps you out and gives you a bit of an idea on what to do…if you don’t think you can do this at your centre in which your currently working, just make the information up (it’s only for an assignment)…Also once you have completed you assignment please share your ideas and suggestions which will be helpful for others.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

Fang28

Post by Fang28 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Hi, L.A

Thanks so much for your information. Now I've got some ideas about it.

mumof2

Post by mumof2 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:11 pm

Thank you so much.

I called the Tafe today, and they said, choose a service area from NCAC Quality Practices Guide and then develop an evaluation tool for that area like a checklist. This assignment will be much easier if your workplace has gone through accreditation before.

When it says administer evaluation tool to stakeholders, you don't actually have to have parents and staff complete the survey, just need to let the markers know what process you would follow.

I'm still a bit in the dark but hoping my workplace can help me out a bit more with this one.

The whole idea i think is to show the markers you understand the accreditation process, not actually to show that your workplace is accredited. does that make sense?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:25 pm

Hey Mumof2,

How's your assignment going?

Yes, what you said does make sense. Use the Quality Practices Guide and choose one of the Quality Areas to focus on then from that quality area focus on a specific principle. For e.g. Principle 1.1 "Staff interact with each child in a warm and friendly way".

Read through the three indicators of care which are Satisfactory, Good Quality and High Quality care. To make this as an "evaluation tool" you can make each of the indicators into a checklist. So when you administer this to stakeholders they can mark/circle which ones they have observed while at the centre and those that haven't been marked/circled they haven't seen. Once you have gathered the information you can write a brief summary about each of the indicators and what the general conception is regarding the principle you choose. Then you can complete a self study report and a continuos improvement plan on the quality area you choose with the information you received back from the stakeholders.

You are on the right track...I do have a copy of the Quality Practices Guide so if you need it let me know and I can private msg it too you.

Have a great day at work tomorrow :)!

L.A

gunilisa

Post by gunilisa » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:46 pm

Hi all! I have been trying to understand CHCIC501A,Assignment 1,Task A the whole weekend. It says to document a range of interactions and/or experiences that demonstrate competence in each of the descriptors listed below.Evidence may consist of an anecdote, narrative, evaluation, photographs,testimonials or work samples.

1. Develop an evaluation tool that examines an aspect of service delivery
2. Administer an evaluation tool to stakeholders
3. Analyse an evalution tool and provide a report to relevant stakeholders
4. Make recommendations for continous improvement in relation to an aspect of service delivery

So,do I just choose one of the principles from NCAC Quality Improvement and Accreditation System (QIAS) and provide them with evidence...Don't quite understand what to do?? If I pick Principle 5.4 "The centre ensures that buildings and equipment are safe"..can I photocopy my centre's daily checklist..? or make my own? But they seem to ask for several of different pieces of evidence!
Please,help! Thank you

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:35 pm

Hey Gunilisa,

I remember this assignment. A few months ago, one of our members asked the same assignment question as you and it did take me awhile to figure it out... I think it just because of the wording they used to asked this particular question! No problems... I will give you this link to where assignment has already been answered.

Here is the link: http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/v ... f=26&t=136

Hope this helps,

L.A

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:34 pm

I did this assignment and this is what i did
attaching the assignments

the wording is so confusing but the actual assignment is pretty simple

again attached my assignments so u can get an idea, I passed the unit so i know thats what they r looking for unless u have someone REALLY anal marking your assignments
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gunilisa

Post by gunilisa » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:18 pm

Hi L.A and fefe76!
Yes,this assignment is very confusing...Task B is ok,but A....OMG!
I think I get it now,after reading your assignment fefe76(Thank you,very thoughtful of you) I didn't understand that they were after a survey of some sorts..."Evaluation tool" ,hmmmm......
Anyway,I better decide what "aspect of service delivery" to write about now...
Thanks girls :)

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:04 am

I did bathrooms as its just an area most people have opinions about.
Another one you can do is the playground area which is also something both staff & parents would have lots to say about.
Good luck

ravyn

Post by ravyn » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:41 am

hi everyone,
i want to say thank you to all that answered this question and omg LA, this is exactly what i was going to do my survey on, i just couldnt work out what questions to do. i was having trouble with the assignment too and was getting frustrated. I hope all have passed this subject and are doing well with their other subjects.
i love this forum as the people here are so helpful
Have a lovely day ravyn

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:39 pm

Hey Ravyn,

LOL... Great minds think alike :giggle:

Glad we could help you come up with some ideas for this assignment!

Thanks for your ongoing support to our site! :thumbup:

L.A