CHCIC301D - Importance Of Interactions With Children

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Lucky1

CHCIC301D - Importance Of Interactions With Children

Post by Lucky1 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:59 pm

This is only the 2nd assignment I have had to do in over 20 years and I only hope I am able to achieve the results I am after

This assignment asks me to 'respond to scenario' You have been working full-time in your current position as unqualified worker for the past 2 yrs. you have decided to wk part-time to complete cert III. Someone else who is also unqualified will work the days that you are studying. Your employer asks if you can write down some pointers for the new staff member reguarding interacting effectively with children.

Q1. Why is it important to have frequent, caring and respectful interactions with children. Give the new employee at least 3 examples of how they can do this.

My Answer: It is important for children within the centre to trust their care provider as this helps them to firstly enjoy their time spent there and secondly allows them to learn freely as they have more confidence around people they trust.
* When speaking with child use a friendly, non-threatening tone.
* Be compassionate when child needs compassion; Be funny when child needs to laugh; Be trusting when child needs someone to trust; Be a friend when child needs a friend in general be there for the child in any which way you can.
* Allow the child to make their own mind up and provide GUIDANCE only when required.
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lucky1

Re: CHCIC301D - Importance Of Interactions With Children

Post by Lucky1 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:35 pm

:sweating: does anyone think that my answer is acceptable or that I should add something to it or change it in any way?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:10 pm

Hi Ange,

I think your answer is fine! Nothing to worry about... :P

:geek:,
L.A

Lucky1

Post by Lucky1 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:39 pm

Thank you L.A :thumbup: