CHCFC508A - Three Sequential Visual Arts Activities

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Mazza

CHCFC508A - Three Sequential Visual Arts Activities

Post by Mazza » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:23 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC508A - Foster Children's Aesthetic and Creative Development
Your Assignment Type: Other
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
A. Plan a series of three sequential visual arts activities that you feel would be appropriate for a group f 3-5 year olds.
B. Discuss what you aim to achieve in the sequence.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
A. I have completed all of the Questions and Scenarios for this Assessment and now working on the tasks so I feel I have a really good understanding of how to consider all of the aesthetics that should be included when setting up creative activities to promote childhood development - sight, sound, touch, taste, smell plus stimulating facilities and layout and exposure to intentionally planned creativity and free creativity.
My problem is I don't understand what they mean by:
"three sequential visual arts activities"
Does this mean 3 activities that flow on from each other like:
1. we start out with a story book that is read and we discuss whats going on in the story, who the characters are, if there are feelings to talk about, the location of the story, what do the pictures tell us etc and then using the same story
2. do a dramatic experience like role playing and acting the story out or picking a part of the story for the children to perform and dressing up like the characters and then again using the same story
3. doing an art craft experience to say make the props to to be used in the story or paint pictures about the story or make hand puppets of the characters

is this what they mean by 'three sequential'? or am I over reading the detail of the question like I usually do???

B. If my idea is right then the aim would be to extend and enhance the children's creative learning by taking one story and using it in different ways to encourage differnt ways to enjoy the story and using all of their senses in the process. I would be supporting them in processing their understanding of the story on different levels and using different resources that enhance their aesthetic appreciation.

Does this make any sense?
Mazza

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

lumamelzem

Re: Three sequential Visual Arts activities

Post by lumamelzem » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:59 pm

type this in the search
CHCFC509A Foster childrens aesthetic and creative development
that might help

Mazza

Post by Mazza » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:44 pm

Thanks I tried this already as I noticed that the Topic name seems to run under 2 numbers, (strangely): CHCFC508A or 509A which doesn't make sense to me. Either way, nothing is coming up. All I really want is a definition of "sequential visual arts" and I can take it from there. I've literally pulled the text book apart, but no reference and nothing on line either - all very abstract.

I'm also wondering if it has anything to do with art made by doing patterns in a sequence ? like a beading a string with a pattern of colours that repeat themselves or painting shapes in a pattern - I'm just really confused. If I could just have a definition, I could have a go to work the rest out myself.

Mazza

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:49 pm

Sequential Art Activities sounds to me like images of some sort that are used in a sequence to tell a story... Kind of like a comic strip...

Like if you were reading "Three Little Pigs" sequential art that would follow could be images of 1) pigs building their houses, 2) wolf blowing pigs houses down 3) pigs living in the brick house...

Hopefully this makes sense,

:geek:,
L.A

Mazza

Re: CHCFC508A - Three Sequential Visual Arts Activities

Post by Mazza » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:55 am

Thanks LA, appreciate your idea and that's another completely different perspective I haven't thought of!!
I can't understand if it is an important part of this assessment, why there is absolutely no reference to it in the text or any other childcare resources I have looked up ?? I could answer this questions using any one of the perspectives including yours - as they all make sense - but they are all so different and I don't feel confident that I would have hit the right one.

If anyone knows for sure, what Sequential Art activities means, I'd be really grateful!!!
o_0
Mazza

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:02 pm

I think L.A is right.

This is what I found on Sequential art
Sequential art refers to the art form of using a train of images deployed in sequence to graphic storytelling or convey information. The best-known example of sequential art is comics, which are a printed arrangement of art and balloons, especially comic books and comic strips.
Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sequential_art

Mazza

Post by Mazza » Mon May 06, 2013 1:52 pm

I messaged my course co-ordinator and they said it was using the same type of activity in different ways eg if you are doing an activity by painting with a brush, then turn it into a finger painting activity so it becomes sensory, then do playdough to extend the sensory part. Becuase it flows on from one type of activity and extends the experience to another it is called sequential.
Mazza
:)